Chapter 8: No Romance, Just dance

I have to say this wedding preparation fiasco is more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I am getting to hang out with Shane every other day, more than she would like to though but I'm not complaining. She still refuses to talk to me. It does not stop me, however. I am always yapping my face off and annoying her and trust me when I say if looks could kill I would be dead.Felix and Christi want to go all out for their wedding. They want us to do something spectacular so I suggested a crazy dance number at the reception. A little salsa/ ballroom/ break dance kinda thing.

Shane was not a fan of that when she heard. She is just doing it for Christi. I, on the other hand, I am doing it for her. Her attention, her acknowledgment, her heart. I might be crazy but that is what she does to me. Why am I going through such drastic measures you say?Well, Felix and Christi could have gone anywhere to get married and they could have picked anyone else to be in their ceremony. Shane and I were not only chosen but we were paired together while Felix and Christi do not know our history together. If that is not fate showing me a way back to her then I do not know what is. I did not mean for what happened two years ago to be the end of us and now I can fix it.

I walk up to her. "Ready to be swept off your feet?"

She looks at me and rolls her eyes. "Is that supposed to make me swoon or something?"

She talked. She opened her mouth and words came out and guess what, they were directed at me. This just keeps getting better and better. 

"Swoon, do I look like Prince charming? It's salsa dancing, I have to lift you."

Yeah, I know. That is not what I meant. I do want to sweep her off her feet and kiss her and make love to her but there is an audience and as much as I would not care about them. They would interrupt us.

"How do you know what we're dancing to?"

I grin. "I suggested it."

"Since when do you know what salsa is?"

"There is a lot you don't know about me Shanaé."

That got her thinking. I smirk at her and walk away.

******

I spin her out and back into my arms again. Then pull her body onto mine and bend her over. Yes, I get carried away a lot when dancing. My mother told me it is one of the quickest ways to a woman's heart. That and a guitar-playing hunk. So I made myself the best dancer slash guitarist in town. Mama was right.

"I'm sorry Shane."

She looks up at me startled but I end up twirling her out again. This is our fourth time with the routine. She is getting pretty good. I twirl her in and start dancing around her."I was an ass. I hurt my best friend and I've regretted that decision since."

"Jared..." That look of regret in shows her eyes once more.

I do a spin and lift. Boy, do I love this. "Forgive me, Shane. Please."

The music ends. Before she can say anything lady Tulla appears in front of us clapping her hands. "Look at you two, so perfect."

I know she means the routine is perfect but so was Shane and I. We were perfect together. I wonder if Shane can see that?

"Come, come, you show these left foot lovers how to dance." She says pulling me towards. Felix and Christi. 

I look back at Shane. Our eyes meet. She did not hate me anymore her brown eyes were a little confused and sort of shocked. I told her I would never be sorry for what I did. I am still not. Davis deserved it. I am only sorry that I hurt Shane. She thought he was her first love and all. I was hurt and got jealous when she told me that but I did what I did to protect her.