Chapter 2: Suspended

"Okay class, all projects are due at the end of the week make sure you do them properly this time I will not hesitate to fail each one of you......."

Silence. Footsteps, then. "Mr. Warren!"

I groan and sit up. They do not make these desks and chairs comfy enough. One can't learn or sleep in peace and comfort. I blink thinking there is something in my eyes but it is just my pissed looking teacher standing in front of me."You rested enough?"

No. I yawn."Yes."

"Really?" He slams his hands on my desk. "It looks like you could use the rest of my class to catch up on your sleep."

I look away from him. Does he have to be so loud? He is damn well standing right in front of me. "I wasn't sleeping."

He stands back folding his arms. "Amuse me then, what were you doing?"

I lay back in my chair and fold my arms. Sizing him up. So he was feeling testy today. I have something for that. "Choking the monkey."

The class starts laughing. I smirk at the dumb look on his face. Does the almighty educator not know what choking the monkey means? What a dickhead. "I'll email the definition for you."

He narrows his eyes at me. "Enough with your smart mouth you little shit!"

Silence befalls my classmates. Fart face has cracked. Took him long enough. I was getting tired of all his huffing and puffing. True it took some provoking on my behalf but in my defense misery suits him.

"I would stop but then I'd need another outlet for my smart brain."

"I have had enough of your bullshit attitude in my class. Just sit up! shut up! and listen!... Because I swear the next time I hear a peep from you I will put a bullet through your mouth!"

You know that tiny window in the movies where time stops and you have five seconds before the bomb explodes? Well, everything stops and the silence is even more deafening. Did he just threaten me? Whispers begin to build up.

"I want silence now!"

I get up from my seat. He has gone way too far. I will not just sit down and take threats and intimidation from anyone. I know he has a gun. He knows that I know where he keeps it. I can get him fired and he is threatening me of all persons with it. Does he think that his little toy scares me? Well, it can not. To hell with him and his stupid class. Jared is no longer down for this shit.

Something squeezes my arm and jerks me backward. "Sit down!"

I pull my hand away but he jerks me forward and tightens his grip. I turn at a precise angle and fire my fist. He yells, lets me go falling back.

I turn and resume my walking away. Nobody puts their hands on me. Who the hell does he think he is? Screaming at me like I am a dog. No! Jared Warren did not take that kind of bullshit from anyone. Teacher or not the boundaries of respect have been crossed and it was time to face the ugly. I do not bother going to the principal's office. Hitting a student is grounds for suspension. Hitting fart face will get me kicked out for sure. I can spin all this around make him lose his job but I am no snitch. He will get his.

Besides, he begged me not to say anything back when I was all about exposing him. I worked with the school paper and airing dirty teacher laundry was my scoop. Three teachers had to relocate one quit and two were fired. I used an anonymous alias. To this day no one knows it was me. I caught fart face red-handed, he was such a pitiful thing back then.

I hop into my car and drive home. I am tired and in need of sleep. Between the hospital with Mark; thank goodness they discharged him yesterday, watching Jason and Jayda and that dreadful school I was beat. No, I was not sleeping in class. I heard every word fart face had said today. I just could not be bothered with it. He always makes us do these lame assignments and does not take the grades half of the time.