My Best Friend

Two years ago...

"I hate you so damn much!"

I fold my arms and look away from her. She did not mean that. She  was mad but hate was a srtongbword. "You wouldn't be the first Shane."

She walks up to me and jabs her silky finger into my chest. "Don't you dare say that to me Jared. I'm always here for you! I always have your back..... I pull your sorry ass out of those holes you keep falling into...I'm the one who...uurgh...you know what, I've had enough."

She is right. She is always right. Standing mere inches away from me hands on her hips scowling at me. I lean closer unable to stop myself cupping her face and taking those soft lips of hers captive with my own. She is right but she has my motives all wrong. If she would shut up I could tell her that.

letting go when I hit satisfaction. I look at her. Her eyes were sparkling like the sea caught in the sunlight amidst the confusion displaying on the rest of her face. I just wanted to protect her. I would do anything to protect her.

Davis Browne, her now ex boyfriend is one of those guys parents would want their kids to be best friends with. The one with no tattoos and skinny jeans. Decent haircut a charming smile and good grades. However he was a wolf in sheeps clothing. He is one of those guys who shares everything with his carbon copy friends. Taking the innocence and respect that girls so eloquently maintain and destroying it.

You know what I am talking about don't you? That charming guy at the party who gets a girl drunk and leads her to a room filled with more guys than she can count. Well this is Davis and he had this event planned for my sweet Shane. I flipped when I heard him laughing his head off about how easy it would be. He had another thing coming.

I walked straight up to him and beat the daylights out of his cocky ass. Then made him swear to stay away from Shane.

I also took her phone and ended their relationship. Of course I could not tell her why. Besides breaking her heart she might not believe me. For some reason she was head over heals for that asshole and as much as it satisfied me that they were apart, I could not crush her like that. It would make me a much more worse monster than Davis. Although she is seeing me that way now.

"You deserve better." I move back and sit down on my bed. Resting my face into my hands. I did not think it through at all. I heard Davis talking and I snapped. I was not about to sit down and chat with him but I suppose I could have done it in a different way. Not to mention I could get expelled but it did not matter. I had to get rid of him. All that matters is purging him from Shane's life.

"And you think you're better?"

"No, but you can do better than him." I was not about to give her a list of reasons why she should be with me instead. It's a great list but knowing my past the way she does, she thinks I am a forever player. She thinks I will never settle and she thinks I can never love anyone beyond myself. Maybe she is right but I had to protect her. That was not me being selfish like all those times I secretly chased away all those other guys. I was not looking for trouble or a random brawl.

"He was better."

"No!" I shoot up on my feet. "He was not." I force through gritted teeth.

"Then why? why was he so bad for me?"

She is like a porcelain doll one so precious you would keep others from touching or looking at too long. If I tell her, it could break her. She has gone through enough of that. If I tell her what I saved her from... No I am not going to. She is better off this way.

"Jared."

"You can do better Shanaé, you can do so much better." With me my love. Only with me. "Trust me." I sighed.

She just shakes her head and glares at me like that time I broke her precious glass unicorn. She did not speak to me for weeks as she uttered the words...

"Don't you ever speak to me again."

******************************

Whoa whoa... Hold it, wasn't Jared just a little boy a while back? Well, he's all grown up now. Welcome to book two of the Warren Family tales.

Comment

Vote

Read and enjoy.