Chapter 13: Heart attack

Zenn's POV

The sun fluttered through the battered curtains. Boys lay everywhere, on the one bed, in the bath, on the carpet, the rugged armchair and even the closet. The girl, Essa, was sitting in the corner of the room, still crying. She had bruses on her face and body in the attempts to keep her still last night. Her face was stripped from any make up except smudges of eyeliner. Her hair was tangled severly. All she had was a blanket over her slim body. I looked at her again quickly, then took out her phone from my pocket and checked the time.

11: 42

We had to be gone for 12. I waked the boys up, and Essa was told to put on her clothes from the previous night. The others went down to the car, and Jay and myself waited for Essa. When she came out, smudges of eyeliner were gone, and her hair was pulled up into a tiny half bun. She had purple bruises dotted around her eye sockets, back and stomach.

                                             ***************************************************

The truck stopped, and Essa was thrown out to the curb.

"If you go outside that home before I pick you up this afternoon, the same punishment will happen again tonight." Jay said sternly.

She just simply nodded and the truck sped away.

Indie's POV

The new girl slipped in. She was due here yesterday, but she never turned up. I liked her already! She ran upstairs, before I had a chance of actually seeing her properly.

                              *************************************

She came back downstairs. When she came in, she was wearing hot pants and a crop. Now she was wearing black tights and denim shorts, and a Tshirt with no sides. She had false eyelashes and eyeliner, finishing with foundation and pink lipgloss.

"Hey, your new?"

"Mm." She said.

"Fine then."

"Oh, I'm sorry" She said seriously.

"Hi, my name's Indie."

"Essa."

"So....Why don't we go to my room?"

"Ur, sure." She said worriedly.

"I don't bite." I laughed, sensing she had come from an abusive house.

She followed me into my room.

Essa's POV.

"Your hair is nice...But do you like have extensions?" Indie asked.

"No, I don't really have enough money." I replied.

"I have some from when I had brown hair like yours.. I think we should put them in."

"Aw, yes! Thank you."

Indie was defiantly the queen bee of the home. The tart. The one the smaller kids are scared of, the one the teens looked up to. The one the adults couldn't handle. I felt proud and happy someone like her took me in, even though fear niggled at the back of my mind. 

"I'll go get 'em." She said with a smile.

"Oh, your phone's ringing. Liam..." She smirked.

"Give it." I whined.

"Boyfriend?" She questioned.

"Ex."

"You better answer it then." She said, tossing the make-shift flip phone at me.