chapter 1

Echo's POV

so, tomorrow was that day, the day I go to a new school and make popular friends, woo all the boys. It's my job in this world, what I do best. I'm the one that actually MAKES the friends but Mum says I have to be friends with Essa, but she cramps my style and if anything she's embarrassing. So, the nice sister I am, I will ether get her to mingle with unpopulars, or give her a well-needed makeover, tell her how to be COOL. Anyway, makeover might be fun.

"Essa, its your beautiful, popular sister calling!"

"WHA????"

"Come in here I need to talk to you!"

Essa's POV

"ESSAAAAAAAAA! its your beautiful, popular sister calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"What?"

"Ughhhhhh come in here I need to talk to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I got up and walked into Echo's room. We were un-identical twins. Echo was the one with the cool name. The blonde hair and blue eyes. The popular, loved, quirky girly girl who wore the finest make up and was bang on trend, the girl who was good at sport but didn't sweat. The girl who went the gym and had a TONED body, then there is me. Plain, boring Essa, the one who hangs out with the populars because her sister is there. The one who lives in the shadow of her perfect twin. Brown hair and freckles. I have cat eyes, bright green for god's sake. I hate them.

"sooooooooooo what's this about?"

"Well, I thought we could have some fun?"

"What fun.."

"Makeover!!!!"

"I don't think so Echo, its not my thing"

"We start year 10 tomorrow. New school. New look. I've checked with mum, she's okay with it."

"Fine but if I don't like it-" 

"You will" she cut in before i'd even finished my sentence.

"Okay, then lets get started.."

"Whats first then"

"Hair. Well, Es, there are these things called straighteners and you use them to make your hair straight I use them all the time."

"you have naturally straight hair.. unlike some people *cough* me."

"well yeah I just use them anyway, its easy, anyway I will show you how when we've dyed your hair.."

"DYE MY HAIR?!?"

"well, I think blonde might suit you. Its semi permanent so It will just fade if you hate it. I use it, my hair is not as blonde as it used to be, its gone dead yellow now."

"Okay stick it on then...If your sure."

and with that Echo produced a bottle and squirted it in a plastic bowl, I was expecting liquid but it was actually a sort of white foam. She went to get a small comb stick thing from her drawer, and mixed the dye around in the cup. them she chucked a towel at me and told me to put it around my neck, I did that whilst she disappeared into her wardrobe (basically another room that was converted into her wardrobe while I just had a normal next one.) And then came back. Echo brushed my hair carefully, whereas I just rip my hair out in fury.

"When did you wash your hair last Essa?"

"Well you didn't give me much time to shower, so... yesterday morning. Why?"

"Nothing, nothing. Its better to not have a shower for a day or so before you put on dye."

She then picked up big clips and separated my hair into 4 different sections and with the forth, started brushing the dye in. After working through all my hair, she said, after.

"Don't move, I've set the timer and don't you DARE look in the mirror, its a surprise. Some mags over there. See ya in 30 smelly. "

what to do, what to do, I started to root though Echo's drawers. I heard a buzz. it was her phone I looked over. I was curious okay? I started scrolling through the messages. She must of been in the middle of breaking up with a boy from our old school. Billie I think his name was.

Echo's WIFI ooooo

message from: Billieboyfriend :*

Fine, but I will always love you Echo, and if you ever want to come back to me, you can hunni, xoxoxoxo

I tutted at threw the phone back on the bed. I read one of the mags and ate some jelly tots. Then she came back.

"Hello my beautiful blonde!"

"Hi, coco."

I was the only one who could call her coco, and only she could call me Es. When ever mum tried we protested, and she would always reply "Twins, ey."

"Right, don't wash your hair for a day."

"So I cant have a shower?????"

"ew, no stinky, in the bathroom cupboard theres a shower cap. right onto make up."

Echo's POV

"onto make-up"

"just do it coco"

I got my box and put on the table. then I dragged it all out and started with powder and brushed it all over my sisters face. then I put on some light pink blusher, making sure all her freckles were hidden. sort of I suppose. I moved on to mascara. First, a clear mascara to long the eyelashes, which looked good on Es because she has naturally long eyelashes. Then I put on a thick, heavy layer of black. Fab. Then I put a huge line across her eyelid and slithered in some pastel pink lipstick on her lips and put some gloss over the top. I got some shorts and threw them at Es.

"Put these on."

She put them on and sat down again. I got the self tan bottle and squirted it on her legs and arms, after half an our we sponged it off, leaving her golden brown. then I wiped her face with a tan wipe which was also successful, I re did her make up and gave her some of my clothes, hers were grim(!) and then I unveiled the mirror...

Essa's POV

as the towel was taken off I closed my eyes. 'prepare Essa, it wont be bad' I opened and in the mirror I saw a popular version of me, almost the same as my twin. Like I said. Almost. This girl in the mirror wasn't me, it was Echo's version of me. But this was the only way to get friends. The only way to fit in.

"I love it, Echo. Thank you."

"Do you still have all that money in the bank?"

"um, couple hundred."

"Perfect. Lets go shopping for a new wardrobe for you!!!!"

Dear God.

I dread tomorrow.