Is It Over?

Alexis's POV:

I sit there with my legs hanging over the table.

I have my hand on my chest and I'm coughing really loudly. I look up at Luke who is just standing there with a stupid look on his face. After I finish coughing I give him a faint smile signaling that I am okay. My chest hurt really bad and my neck seems a little sore. "Did we win?" I ask Luke with my voice a little raspy. He just laughs and shakes his head yes. I try to smile at him as I get off the table. When my weight shifts onto my feet I fall to the floor. My muscles feel so weak. Luke runs over and picks me back up then places me on the table again. He has tears of joy in his eyes and one rolls down his face. I gently wipe it away with my thumb and he faintly smiles giving me a big hug. I rest my face into his neck and his forehead lays on my shoulder. I didn't want the moment to end when he informs me that the leader is still loose. "Why aren't we going after him then?" I ask straight out. "My- no our team is after him right now as we speak." "My brother and father... really?" "No. whats last of the human race is after him." I smile with joy when I finally realize that we may be successful in this war. I slide off of the table and Luke holds me up helping me to stand until I can do it on my own. It takes a couple minutes but I finally got the hang of it. He hands me a gun and we start heading down the hallway towards the rest of the people. A gunshot fires and screams fill the hallways. We start running down the hallway faster to see that our team has found the leader of the Organization and is fighting back strong. 8 of my men are down and the creature is injured. Its moving closer towards me and luke and I just stares at it carefully. I raise her hand and tell everyone to hold their fire and it slowly crawls toward me. I reaches my hand out towards it and it grabs my hand. I whisper in its ear to surrender and it lets out a loud cry. My men raise their guns up to it ready to fire if it makes one wrong move but it doesn't try to attack. I take my gun when it backs up a tad and kneels to the ground. Now's my chance. It looks up at me softly and memories fill my mind. There overwhelming and my finger slips off of the trigger. My head hurts. No not my head my brain. I fall to the floor as I focus on what is happening and my team starts firing at the creature who is now dead. The war is over and a tear falls from my eye. The memories had been erased but now they are back. The truth. I know it. The aliens have been here for as long as time. They have been watching us evolve and when the time came they decided it was time to come down to earth and take human form. One mated with a human and together they created me. I am human but I also am one of them. This war never really will be over. There are millions more just waiting for their time to come down. No one knows when they will but I think I have a pretty good idea.