Tap... Tap..

The four of us sit there in silence as I stare off into space thinking why couldn't it be me instead of him. He was only 14, he had such a long, happy life ahead of him and Luke just had to push me in the room before I could grab him. Anger now rushes over me and I begin to hit Luke in the arm.

Luke: "Hey! Now is not the time for this. What did I do to deserve this?!"

Me: " You didn't let me save him!! Why didn't you let me save him?!"

(Luke grabs my arm with a tight grip)

Luke: " What are you talking about!? I just lost 6 men of my crew and your worried about 1 individual? Just be happy I saved your life instead of leaving you out there."

I spit in his face and he gives me a nasty look while releasing my arm.

That's when he decides to make an announcement to the group.

" I know you're all upset that, yes, you just lost friends, and some of you (he looks at me then looks away) are handling it differently then others, but that does not mean we give up now. (he looks down at his watch then looks back up) its October 14th, 2067. This war started 7 days ago for you all and I suggest that you learn how to deal with it... appropriately. Its 11:30 pm. We will camp out here for tonight then 4:30 am we will leave before clean up gets here because they will eliminate us immediately. (Luke blocks the door by putting a chair under the door handle) Whatever happens while we're still hear, do NOT open that door for anyone!)

We all assume that he is now finished because he sits up against the wall and put his head into his knees. After about 10 minutes everyone falls asleep, but there's a sound coming from the outside that is keeping

me awake. I try to ignore it but all I can hear is that sound against the large metal door. I close my eyes pretending it's not there; the sound continues to fill my ears... Tap... Tap... Tap... now unbearable I quietly stand up and slowly remove the chair from the door. The tapping stops and the door begins to slowly open from the other side.