Fresh Start

Once again, my heavy eyelids open.

As I stretch, my hand rubs across my sore neck and I remember what has been going on the past 2 days. I'm in a room with about 9 other people and i recognize all of them. Luke approaches me and I give him a nasty look but he still continues to come.

Luke: "Don't be nasty, the world doesn't have time for people like you these days."

I roll my eyes as he continues speaking.

"Everyone has been assigned a new name, more like a code name so the other team-"

I cut him off, "Other team? I thought we were all competing together as one."

Luke: "No there is another team with the same amount of people that we have now down the hall preparing for war. So far they're ahead of us on that so if you would just shut up and listen this could move a lot faster. Okay?"

I nod my head in agreement as he makes his way back to the front of the room.

This room is fairly small, the floors are carpet and each wall has concrete on it. The front of the room has a chalkboard that has 10 names written on it. Luke begins to explain everything now.  First he starts with our new codenames.

Luke: " There are ten of us in this room right now, yes I am aware that there was more of us. Their dead. Look around, every face you see here with you right now survived the "Dead Box" so congrats! You all have been assigned new names that you will go by from this day on. I mean these names are top secret and the other team WILL NOT find them out or our entire mission will be at stake. Understand? Here are your new names."

Luke walks to the side to reveal the chalkboard. On it our our names and next to them are our code names.

Mikey/ OUF

Jonathan/ Arum

Riker/ Zeldac

Joey/ Pryro

Davees/ Sans

Matthew/ DL

Winston/ ZAKIRE

Anthony/ RAJA

Luke/ C4 and our team captain

Don't call me Alexis from now on, call me SIX.

There is a big boom that sounds like an explosion coming from down the hall, the lights go out and no one can see anything. Luke announces that in our bags next to us there a flashlight in the side pocket. Slowly everyone takes out their flash light and turns it on. The door clicks and by itself it slowly opens revealing what's on the outside.