Chapter Twelve: A Promise

Start from the beginning

My eyes widen in shock.

The shit is about to hit the fan. The shit is about to hit the fan. The shit is about to hit the fan.

I can almost feel the steam coming out of Derek's ears when he speaks. "Don't; do not talk about losing people, okay? I don't like you, I will gladly come out and say it a million more times if you want me to. But you and your sister aren't the only people in this world that have lost someone. I have too. So I know what it feels like, but I don't have a sibling that is going through the exact same thing as me, I don't have anyone to talk to about what happened. When my parents died, I had absolutely no one left. No one was around, no one was going through the pain that I was and they knew they couldn't help me even if they tried. You and Aislinn have that, and you're forever lucky, but me and Skylar don't. We didn't have anyone to turn to when shit started to get bad, but you don't see us walking around getting everything we want handed to us, we have to fight just to keep the things we have and there's not one person in this world that knows what we're going through until they go through it themselves."

He spits out, his eyes laced with venom. "So don't talk about us like you know us because you don't. You and Aislinn have gone through the exact same thing that we have, I'll give you that, but that doesn't mean you can act like we get whatever the hell we want, because you know we don't. Say it one more time and I'll gladly walk over there and beat your scrawny little ass. But if you value your face as much as I think you do, don't talk about my family or what I have, because you don't know me, got it?"

My breath hitches when Aidenn doesn't answer right away. Derek's right, we all have lost people, people that meant the world to us and when those people are gone you have this big empty space in your heart that you don't know how to fill. I know Aidenn knows that, because he lost his parents, just like me and Derek did.

"You may have lost your parents just like we did, and you may have to fight for what you have before it's gone, I get that. You don't have to lose your chill for me to understand. I may not like Skylar as much as Aislinn does but I know what kind of person she is. I gotta tell you Derek, there's something off about that girlfriend of yours, and I haven't figured it out yet, but it still interests me how it's possible to see different things when-"

Derek cuts him off, "wait, what are you talking about? What do you mean when you say you see different things?"

My eyes widen, Oh shit. I forgot to tell Derek what Aislinn told me about she and Aidenn saw.

"She didn't tell you?" Aidenn asks, his voice full of amusement that matches the smirk that's probably on his face.

"Do you think I'd be asking if she told me?" Derek snaps in annoyance.

Aidenn sighs dramatically before speaking, earning a glare from Derek. "Well because we're foreseers we see things inside of people, their biggest fears, deepest secrets, and who they really are, stuff like that. When I look at Skylar, I don't see what Aislinn sees; I always see darkness, like she's going this huge potential to be evil if she does even the slightest thing wrong. But when Aislinn looks at her, all she sees is light."

Derek goes silent for a while, "well what does it mean?"

Aidenn is about to answer when the door swings open, causing me to snap my eyes shut, and Aislinn walks in. "We have no idea, which is why you're going to help us figure it out."

"How do you expect me to help you?"

"Yeah," Aidenn says, cutting Aislinn off before she can answer and pointing his thumb at Derek, "how do you expect him to help us when he can't even help out his own girlfriend from passing out and knocking her head on the floor, very hard if I might add."