Chapter 27 - déjà vu

Start from the beginning

Just as my fingers grasped the pillowcase, two gentle and strong hands lifted me. He hoisted me over his shoulder.

"NO NO I HAD THE UPPER HAND PUT ME DOWN!" I managed to cry between laughs.

"Gee okay!" he said slyly.

He pinned me to the bed before starting his own tickling attack.

My legs kicked uncontrollably, our hysterical laughter filling the small room.

My hands took a risky break from blocking my waist to push his chest.

We ended up rolling over and falling to the floor.

My head hit the carpet with a thud. He was balancing himself above me with his arms by my side which avoided him from crushing me with his weight. His face was blurry, I can't seem to picture who he was but the familiarity in him was so strong I felt like I could trust him with my life.

We were panting from all the laughter, our smiles still etched on our face.

Our smiles grew smaller and smaller as we realised how close our faces were.

And in that moment, the only thing I knew were his hazel eyes. There were small green flecks in them. I was mesmerised by how each fleck seemed to be spinning, the spinning got slower and slower.

He leaned in closer until our noses were just about to touch. The urge to for his soft plump lips to touch mine were growing stronger. Our noses grazed each other and my eyes fluttered closed before his lips softly crashed into mine.

Butterflies engulfed my stomach and the only thing I felt was fireworks.

end

-

It was awkward sitting at the back seat of the car alone while Abby and Reece were making eyes at each other in the front seats.

As we neared the party, we already knew it from the the strewn red cups and blasting EDM.

The sense of Deja vu was strong right now.

The crowd parted for us to pass instantly and I must say, I am getting quite used to it.

The house, mansion, was huge. The main dance floor was at the entrance. Right above it, there was a balcony that overlooked the sweaty crowd of dancing people.

Abby proudly walked through the dancing crowd without even having to manoeuvre through them. I quickly followed behind her, afraid of getting swallowed by the crowd.

Her black stiletto heels stalked up the stairs that were curved. It's a wonder nobody attempted to go up, I looked back to notice two bodyguards blocking the way.

The song Runaway by Galantis came on and I swear somethings missing here. 

On the balcony, there was a set of couches and countless bottles of alcohol in the centre. The rest of the gang was seated in a circle, ignoring the couches entirely.

"Quick, quick we're starting soon." Killian said excitedly.

Reece and Abby joined the circle. Olivia was seated between Killian and Anderson who was next to Bryce. I found myself sat between Bryce and Abby.

"Starting what?" I asked innocently.

"Never Have I Ever." Bryce said. "Basically, one of us says never have I ever, followed by an action, if you've done it, you drink, if you havn't you leave it."

Drinking? I don't want to play this game. Plus, most of the actions were things I probably never did before. I don't want to turn out to be that nerd again.