20

*Trigger Warning??*

SOTC : (idk comment a suggestion?)

"So, when are you getting a job Myla?" Stephanie asked.

"The ice cream place we stopped at, they hired me in. They were waiting till my seventeen birthday." I smiled.

"I've seen amazing progress in you. I'm so proud of you, you're doing so well. You're not perfect, but you're glueing yourself back together." She smiled.

"Steph?" I mumbled.

"Hmm?"

"Never mind."

"I think it's time we take you off of your anti-depressants."

My heart faltered, "what about my anxiety pills? I don't think I'm ready for that yet."

"No no, just your anti-depressants. I haven't seen enough progress in your anxiety to take you off yet." Stephanie spoke.

"I love you so much Stephanie, thank you so much for everything you've done for me. You're honestly like a mother figure to me, and I'm sure my mom would be so thankful for the effort you've put into me." I smiled.

Tears formed in Stephanie's eyes as she flashes me a large, pearly smile.

"I think I'm ready to ask." I sighed heavily.

"Go ahead."

"How do I know if I'm in love with someone?" I frowned.

"You're heart will know." She nodded.

"I've never had feelings for anyone, ever. So how can I tell the difference between liking someone, and loving someone?" I whined.

"Myla, I can't really explain it, but you yourself will know. It's a natural instinct. And it's different for everyone, so I can't tell you what I feel, then you'll expect what I feel. Cause, when someone comes along that you're actually in love with, you won't feel that feeling and you'll let that person go." Stephanie smiled.

It was confusing at first, but the more I rethought what she said, it made sense.

"You just have to trust your heart."

I nodded, and we ended the weekly session.

"Steph, where's Jai?" I mumbled.

"In his room working on a project with a friend." She smiled at me.

I left her office and headed for the familiar door.

My heart was hammering in my chest. I was really going to do this.

I slowly opened the door.

"J-Jai?"

"Myla help me." Jai pleaded.

This girl had Jai pinned down on the bed. Her hands moving all over his body. He was not giving her consent to any of this.

The girl turned and glared at me.

I freaked out.

I ran. I ran as fast as I could.

I threw Steph's door open.

"S-Steph.. Th-There's a girl, she's touching all o-over Jai." I panted.

Her eyebrows furrowed. She looked terrified.

She shot up, and ran for Jai's room. I followed quickly behind her.

When we reached Jai's room, and the girl had his pants down touching him.