The Conversation with Oskino

A/N: Hiya! I Am uploading a chapter after a long time, right? Or was it just yesterday? (No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't). So, as the chapter name makes it seemingly obvious, this is the bonus novella (sort of novella) that tells you what happened during Leah's "dream" with the demon Oskino. And about their conversation, where they made the "barter", which goes something like "you-kill-Sebastian-and-you-can-then-claim-my-life".
Sorry, the description sounded horrible!
I'm not promising that this chapter is NOT going to be hurtful, but . . . . .by the end of the read, you might've changed your views about Mr. Oskino. Slightly, I believe.
Also, I've got 2 pretty awesome Wattpad quotes (I just discovered them yesterday night, and they're so amazing I swear!!) by Oskino. Both the quotes are in this very chapter. (Challenge you to find them!)
So, feast your eyes.....

 (Challenge you to find them!)So, feast your eyes

Thank you for putting up with my nonsense!!!! *toothy grin*  ~Lila _____________________________________________________________

~Lila
_____________________________________________________________

Leah slept with the name of Oskino on her lips, and was pleased to observe that when she opened her eyes, she was in a dream with the demon himself. She was sitting on a rather luxurious white love seat, with Oskino perched elegantly on a chair opposite to her.

Surprisingly he neither harmed her or snarled in fury, unlike what Leah had personally observed from her experience with New York City demons. For the first time in days, Leah was not in pain anymore.

In fact, this was also her first face-to-face interaction with Oskino. Leah was unsure whether to feel scared or defensive or homely. Thankfully, the demon started the conversation "So, I take it that you summoned me in your dreams?"

"I attempted, though doubting it would be successful in my precarious health."

"Your doubts were profoundly proved wrong, I see."

"They were." Leah replied.

"Why, would you like some tea - or crumpets? Take it as your last tea party. And a tea party literally in hell." Oskino mused.

"You know I am not here to have tea with you."

"I know that." He replied quietly.

"Do you know what Sebastian is planning, Oskino?"

"What do you take me for? Of course I do."

"He plans to rule over all inhabitants of Edom, and have Jace, Clary and I beside him on the bone thrones. He knows that theoretically I can't survive here, because of the . . . .curse, and to enable my compatibility in this environment, Sebastian plans on forcing you to either lift the curse or he shall exile you from this dimension."

Oskino sat with knitted eyebrows. "What have you got to say to that?" Leah questioned.

Oskino looked up, and the girl noticed that the demon looked oddly sad . . .nostalgic. "Lift the curse, he says. I only wish I could do it myself, Leah."

"You . . . .do wish so?" Leah asked, surprised.

"I didn't ever think I would, but . . . . I do. I regret having cursed you in the first place, but . . . .you need to know that the curse was a part of your fate. No hero is allowed to be too strong, and the ones who are, always have a monumental Achilles's heel. I just didn't like my publicity, and was angered when you were born. The birth of an illegitimate shadowhunter with my blood in her veins was something I didn't see coming. But I did foresee the curse, so that is exactly what I did - because it was what your fate was.

"And yet, you oddly interested me, Leah Ravenscar. I am thousands of years old, and I have seen Shadowhunters with demon blood. Sebastian Morgenstern is a common example of today. I have seen many Shadowhunters from the past with unexplainable wickedness and cruel powers, and I hated those Shadowhunters because of how different and bad they were, all because of some tainted bloodlines. But you . . . .you were so different from them all. You had such a kind heart; you loved with all your heart and soul; you cared so much for the same people and the race who, if they knew your identity, would crush you to pieces in the blink of an eye.

"You were so kind, so smart, so innocent, so young, so brave. You didn't show off all those extraordinary powers you possessed; you were very modest too. You understood the world from a deeper perspective than anyone else of your age. You were everything I wish I could've been. The demon in me is undeniable; at least I wish I had been innocent and kind and bonny and brave like you, and that people thought about me the way people think about you.

"I wasn't jealous of you, Leah. You only gave me a beautiful longing ache for humanity. And it was then that I started regretting having cursed you. Everytime I sensed you writhe in pain and struggle with your health, it pained me too. I wish I could've been more of a parent and less of a cold-hearted demonic ancestor. I saw your end coming - so soon - and I hated myself for doing what I did. We demons are immortal; we will live forever, and can't be killed. We see many people, many generations go by. One female shadowhunter is practically nothing to us. And yet I valued all those 16 years I could spend watching you above, dreading that day when you will be there no longer.

"Because you were one of your kind, Leah. In the future there is almost no chance of a childbirth as unique as yours. You will be your own kind, and there will be none other like you. You have no idea what a colossal change you've brought in me with your mere existence. You have made me move a little away from the usual hatred and seclusion I atmosphere around myself. You made me realise love, care, regret, pain, mortality. You made me realise that it doesn't take a person with demon bloodlines to make him evil. It is one's own purity and choice that decides that.

"I shall be more in regret than anybody else in the world when you die. Your very existence promises to drive me mad, Leah. And yet, I know what you have come to propose now: kill Sebastian Morgenstern, because no one is really capable of this task anymore. And I will do this favour for you, but in return, I only ask for you to die in Edom, so that at least I can entertain your ghost - make up for all the various crimes I committed when I was alive."

Leah remained stunned when Oskino finished. "Why didn't you ever tell this to me before? That you . . . .regretted the curse?"

"I couldn't tell you. My very presence made you drive mad; I didn't think you could handle a face-to-face conversation with me. At least in Edom you are facing worse injuries than that of a conversation with me."

Leah agreed. "So, you are asking for me - for my life - in return?"

"You are bound to die anyway. After such a near-death experience in Edom, you might never be able to live pleasantly in Idris or in New York ever. And besides, you yourself foresaw your death. It is inescapable, no matter how we might try to change our plans accordingly in our attempts to change the future."

Leah nodded. "Please don't think of me as selfish, Leah. I . . . I'd do anything to prove it you that I am not selfish, or bad, or anything that is supposed to be a demonic quality. I am as human - or at least, I aspire to be as human - as a guy with demon blood can be." Oskino begged.

"It's okay. I . . . I think you are very good, Oskino." Leah looked up. "You showed me that demons can also be . . . .kind and loving. I am sorry, I thought so differently about you before this hour."

"I don't blame you, Leah Ravenscar." The demon replied quietly. He snapped his fingers about gracefully, making a table full of fruit, desserts, pot roast, meat, wine and cheese appear. An elegant upholstered couch too materialised and so did cocktail drinks and delicate piles of silver cutlery. "Tonight is all yours. Eat. Drink. Sleep. Enjoy it to your fullest before you wake up to disaster."