The End of the Barter

A/N: I've got some points to state:
1. This is gonna be a long chapter - the largest word count so far.
2. The book is about to end (Not in this chapter, but......quite soon) (So you may choose whether to feel happy about this or sad).
3. The chapter contains very sentimental and emotional speeches, thoughts, descriptions, demands, etc. Following Cassie Clare's footsteps. I'm going to make sure my readers suffer.
4. The last 2 words of this chapter are going to be directly fatal to the heart of a human being.

*repetition since last chapter*

"What was the end of the barter?" Simon questioned, but before anything Jace gasped.

Everyone looked at him, and he was staring at the ground some feet away, looking like he had seen a ghost. "Leah. The end of the barter was Leah."

"What?" Luke questioned, and Isabelle gasped. Jace however didn't have time to explain; he ran towards Leah (who was lying on the floor in her own pool of blood) and leant down before her. The others stood nearby, looking at Leah and fearing the obvious.

"Leah . . ." Jace whispered in a shaking voice. "Leah . . .it can't be."

"It is, Jace." Leah croaked, somehow yet managing to make her words sound like diamonds - beautiful and yet with painful edges. "Demons don't do favours without something in return."

There was a moment of silence, where the inhabitants of the Court reflected upon Leah's words, until finally Alec shouted at Oskino - who somehow still stood in a corner of the Court.

"So, that's what you wanted in return?! Why are you so desperate to cease her existence?! Why?! You've been torturing her since birth! What is your problem?!"

"I don't like my name and fame in this world. I want it all removed. Besides, people like her wouldn't be accepted up there in your Shadow World. At least, if she is dead, she will be accepted, excused, respected and remembered as a hero."

"Don't you dare even speak the D word! What are you even talking about?!" Alec shouted at him in anger.

"I know exactly what I am talking about, Shadowhunter. I don't simply say things to keep my mouth in exercise; I see the future and I see her's too." Oskino replied.

"Alec . . ." Leah's eyes were glistening with tears. "Let it go. Nothing can be done now. And I don't regret this decision."

"Leah, how can you say that? Don't you care about us at all?" Isabelle begged.

"I do . . . .but my fate is irreversible. If there's one thing I've learnt from being the way that I am, it is that the future is not something that one can change. Anyone." Alec sighed and turned away from Oskino, his face bitter with fury, regret, sadness and fear. Isabelle started sobbing and Jace hid his face.

"There are . . .there are some things which I needed to tell you all before . . . I go away. Alec?" Leah whispered, a faint smile on her lips. "I . . . I never told this to you, but secretly, since always, I had wished I could be your sister - your parabatai."

"You were both, Leah." He said with tears in his eyes. "Losing you is equivalent to losing both my sister and my Parabatai. With them, it is till death parts thee and me. But the mark of your existence is immortal; it burns much more prominently than any of the puny Marks of the Angel on my skin. Your face, this way, glistening with tears and smiling, shall be imprinted in my heart forever. I will never forget you."

Leah's eyes shimmered up with moisture too. "I will never forget you too." She replied in tears. "Isabelle. Sometimes the things we consider as our weak points - as our Achilles's heel - can also be used as power, as weapons, as things to strengthen us up. I had grown up with Oskino's curse, with my fatal allergy to his presence - his blood - my own blood. I had considered - we all had, in fact - that Oskino is my greatest weakness.