Theories About Leah Ravenscar: Part II

One night, when everyone else was asleep and Clary and Jace were on night guard duty, Clary finally told Jace what she had kept hidden from everybody else.

"Jace. I . . . . I'm getting a gut feeling about . . . .something." She started.

"What about?" Jace questioned.

"Look, I know that Leah is next to your sister, but, I think that the fact she has come with us here in Edom has bigger motives than just because she can guide us to Sebastian."

"What are you suggesting, Clary?" Jace looked at her with an odd seriousness in his eyes.

"Leah . . . I think, she might be working for Sebastian." Jace opened his mouth to speak, but Clary cut him off. "And I enough evidence to support that. That day in Alicante, when Simon and I had come to the Lightwoods' manor, Leah didn't join us for our discussion. Later on, I had peeked inside her bedroom window, and I saw Leah and Sebastian . . . .making out."

"Making out?" Jace tried to keep the amusement out of his voice.

"It was more than that, in fact. They both were . . . .completely naked, and I think they . . .did it."

"Are you sure about what you saw?" Jace inquired.

"Of course, Jace. I couldn't believe it too, but . . . I know what I saw. I noticed in Alicante how tense and almost depressed she had been. Leah says she can sense Sebastian's presence stronger here in Edom. What if he can sense her too? In that case, Leah's presence amongst us would tell Sebastian about our location. What if they can communicate too, using their demonic . . . .bond? She would've kept him updated about everything that has transpired.

"Maybe the main reason Leah came with us is because she knew that she would become sick due to the presence of Oskino and that because of her sickness, we would get delayed and consume up all our resources. What if she came with us to ambush us in the end?"

Jace's face looked stricken. "I don't want to conflict your feelings about anything, Jace. I am only . . . .telling you what I saw and about what I suspect. And, well, yesterday night I also dreamt something weird."

"What did you dream about?"

"We 6 had reached Sebastian's residence and we had entered a court kind of a place. There were 4 thrones made up of bones in the centre. Sebastian welcomed us, and before anything, he paralysed you with a paralysing rune and then locked you up in a Malachi Configuration. Then he asked me and Leah to accompany him on the bone thrones and give our support into his plans. In return, he promised to leave Idris and the entire of the shadowhunter race alone.

"I obviously hesitated because I could not imagine collaborating with a psychotic murderer like Sebastian. But Leah only sighed and walked upto him, without the slightest fear, anger or reluctance. That was where my dream ended. I know that it might be only a dream, but something tells me - another sixth sense tells me - that it was more than that. I think that whatever I saw in my dream is actually going to happen when we reach Sebastian's place."

"Are you asking for my opinion on Leah?"

"Not really. I know what you have got to say about her; I am only telling you what I think." Clary replied.

"If she is indeed planning to betray us in the end, I would be very disappointed, of course - and hurt. But if she remains faithful to us, I would never forgive myself for suspecting Leah of such a thing. However, right now, she is already in such a bad condition, and she is . . . I don't even know what! She's my friend! She's like my family! She's been a part of me since forever; I . . . I don't think I can think about her the way you do, Clary."

"Obviously. I wasn't asking you to." Clary replied, looking away from his eyes. The rune - the same rune - flashed before her eyes again, but she ignored it.

***

Some days later, again in the night, Clary and Isabelle had been given their nightwatch duties, but Leah (who couldn't sleep, and lay with her eyes wide open, emitting occasional groans and shivering) insisting Izzy on taking some rest, while she watched out for intruders in the night.

And so Isabelle had fallen asleep in seconds, and Clary and Leah were sitting under the blaze of a heavenly fire torch in silence. Some time later, Leah made a choking sound and Clary instinctively rushed over to help her out of the posture she was lying in.

Leah rushed out of the cave they had been residing in, and Clary (not sure what to do) followed the girl, who in 10 seconds would faint or commence into violent fits.

Clary found Leah kneeling down at the ledge of a cliff, vomiting blood and breathing heavily. She ran over and touched Leah's shoulder. "Are you . . . .are you okay?" Clary asked.

Leah said nothing and only looked at her companion's direction once with dead, lifeless eyes, a piece of clotted blood stuck at her lip. Clary wondered if accidentally Leah were to tumble and fall down the cliff . . . .it would be a quick and easy way to die, not at all painful, since Leah was already in so much pain.

It would be easier for her if she died so quickly instead of being consumed day by day by her demonic parent; it would be easier for the group if they didn't have a spy along with them, dragging them into an ambush.

Leah emitted a wild cackle - a scary sound in the middle of a dark night, and looked at Clary "I am indeed going mad, aren't I? Oh, yes. Demonic dimensions force you to lose all the sanity you ever had. And it's not just me; you are going mad too, Clarissa Morgenstern. I know just what you were thinking of."

She looked at Clary - who was frozen in uncertainty and fear. "Would you like to attempt it? Push me down the cliff." Clary didn't say or do anything. "Go ahead." Leah insisted, and stood up. "Push me down!"

"Are you working for Sebastian, Leah?"

"Not right now."

"What is that supposed to mean? You will be with him in the future. You. . . .you also had sex with him, right?" Clary questioned.

"I did. But not for the reasons you think." Leah replied. "Now, come on, push me down, will you? We're wasting time. And you want to do it! Desperately." She hissed the last word.

"I don't." Clary whispered.

"Oh, yes you do. You want to kill me, but the only thing that stops you is your unconditional love for Jace. And because you want to stand out better than Jonathan Morgenstern. The 2 different men in your life: you need to be better for one, and the need to be better than another."

"Leah, I think we should go back to the caves -" Clary reached out to take the girl by her sleeve, but Leah recoiled from Clary's hand. Again, the same rune flashed before her eyes, and she wondered if it would somehow heal Leah or make her get along better with Oskino.

She reached out to rune Leah, but Leah emitted a short shriek. "You fool! That rune is not meant for me! You draw it on Jace, and it will transfer the heavenly fire from his body to some other object. If you're so looking for an opportunity to use that rune, use it to burn down Sebastian's palace when we reach him. You will anyways never get an opportunity to transfer the rune from Jace to Sebastian. You have seen the dream that I sent you."

Clary gasped. "How do you know so much about me? You know everything that has happened to me - all my thoughts, my dreams! How can you even send me a dream?"

"It is because I am related to Oskino. When we are under one sky, I am all the more powerful. I am so, so powerful, it takes my sanity away, Clary. You do not understand. Neither does Sebastian. Only . . . .only he did." Leah sounded so morose, so sentimental, almost like in love.

"Who?" Clary asked, but Leah had fainted by then. She sighed, and carried the girl (surprised at how lightweight Leah was) back to inside the cave.

Hey guys! Anyone honestly worried that Leah is going mad? Literally going mad - pretty much against her will. Do you hate Oskino, (because he's such a meany-poo to Leah)? Even Lilith is so much better to Sebastian than Oskino is to Leah! But you'll see, in the end.......... And anyways, anybody wondering who is this mysterious person who could relate with Leah about 'being demonic in nature'? Any guesses? K. I'm promising shout outs to the one who answers correctly.
Till, then ba-bye!
~Lila