Lilith's Wrath

Leah Ravenscar ran furiously back to the party but only to realise that Jace and Clary were both missing.

Alec and Isabelle had thought Leah was drunk when she had run up to them and vomited out all that had happened in the past hour. But after some persuasion (and babyish arguments), the three had gone raided Simon's room, found Lilith's business card (which Leah had immediately sensed suspicious), and had followed the card to its address.

Leah climbed the stairs in super fast speed up to the terrace where Lilith was enjoying herself in the company of Clary, Jace, Simon and Sebastian (in a Snow White movie coffin).

"Lilith." Leah greeted, seemingly out of her breath. For a second she remembered the voices that had haunted her momentarily when she had visited the place where Sebastian had been killed. I will come. I will come through him. Apparently 'him' had been Jace. "You are Jonathan Mogenstern's mother."

"Yes, Leah Carstairs, I am." Lilith seemed pleased.

"Leah Ravenscar." The girl reminded pointedly.

Lilith ignored her, and simply said "And in a very odd way, I am yours too. For they say I am the infernal mother of all warlocks."

"You aren't anyone's mother; you can't have children." Leah pointed out, much to Lilith's anger.
"And, I am barely a warlock." She tried to play it cool, but she was honestly annoyed by how quickly the naughty demon was revealing all her illicit secrets.

"Barely a warlock." Lilith repeated. "Your mentions are hardly anywhere in the Clave. Honestly, if I had not witnessed Jonathan's last few minutes - and heard his last words, I would not have even known about you."

"And I would preferred that, no offences."

"But now that I do know about you," Lilith ignored whatever Leah said. "I wish you to collaborate with my son. You two as a team would be invincible. Nobody could ever defeat you - my two beautiful children."

"I am not your child. And, that is an impossible request, Satrina."

"Very well, you may not directly be my child, but.....we demons are all related. And very soon, I shall force you into partnership with Jonathan, Leah Carstairs. Either by torturing your loved ones or by your own blood."

Leah became stiff at hearing the last part. "I am Leah Ravenscar."

But Lilith didn't have time to hear what she didn't want to hear. Swift as a demon, she pulled a vial from her pocket (and to Leah's horror), threw the contents at her.

Leah started twitching everywhere, arched her back unnaturally till she fell to the hard ground in a pathetic somersault. There, screaming like all her worst horrors had come alive all at the same time, she twisted and turned, shook violently and looked as mad as possible in every way.

Alec immediately reached for her, and accustomed to Leah's demonic fits, took Leah in his lap and started cupping her face, whispering comforting words to his sister and tried to massage her body straight.

Leah said something through her staccato breaths that sounded like"Alec, g-get-th-th-th-bl-bla-bloh-blah-o-oo-ph-ph-f-fff-mm-me." And as per her barely understood instruction, Alec took a handkerchief out of his pocket and started wiping the blood off Leah's body. When the handkerchief itself was used up, soaked in Oskino blood, Alec tore a sleeve off his sweater and started drying Leah of all the demon blood.

"Aha. True love. I assume he is the only one who isn't oblivious to your weaknesses." Lilith mused. "I think torturing Alexander Lightwood might perhaps force you to sell yourself to Jonathan.

"You will never have any Jonathan Morgenstern to sell them off to." Jace said. "I will not wake him up if you keep torturing my sister - or if you lay a hand on my parabatai."

Lilith stared at him for some time, perhaps caught in surprise by the passion and love he had for someone other than Clary. "You will, Jace. Of course you will." Lilith pronounced each word hard and carefully, as if talking to a child.

"I shall not." Jace remained uninfluenced by her words.

She snarled in rage and quick as lightning grabbed Clary telekinetically, leaving her floating midair. A shiny whip appeared in her hand and she spoke to Jace again "You pathetic little beast! Now. Now, will you awaken Jonathan?"

Jace's face was firm, stricken, as if he couldn't decide. Obviously he didn't want to do anything that would lead to Clary's death, but at the same time, awakening Sebastian would mean destroying humanity. Lilith apparently didn't wait for too long.

At his inability to answer, she elegantly tossed her whip behind her back and struck at Clary...

But hit Simon instead, who had come up in front of his best friend. The Mark of the Cain took its effect then, and the whip lash that had been powerful enough to kill him, now killed Lilith instead.

The literal sevenfold appeared from the night sky above, and as Lilith got disintegrated into minute particles of fire and light, her scream bellowed all across the world - consecutively joint in by Leah's scream - the latter which continued till Leah finally reached her highest note, and then suddenly became fatigue.

When Lilith had finally disappeared, Jace was a statue, unspeaking, unmoving. Clary landed down on the concrete floor with a thud, and Simon and Isabelle rushed to her help. Leah's fits faded into only shivers and further only vibrations, as the Oskino blood evaporated from her body and disappeared in thin air - along with Lilith, back to hell.

Jace silently helped Clary down the building; Leah (who had fallen weak and unconscious) was carried down by Alec; and Simon and Isabelle walked together. People from Luke and Jocelyn's party had gathered below. Clary, after being irtatzed a couple of times, went and hugged her mom and her stepdad.

Alec put Leah in a comfortable sleeping position at the back of Luke's van, with her head resting peacefully on his lap (Luke had offered to drop the tired Institute kids back home). Isabelle and Simon kissed, much to Alec's annoyance.

And yet no one noticed when Jace went back up to the terrace to meet Sebastian Morgenstern.