What I Did During My Disappearance

A/N: (this is gonna be a very brief and direct one). I've got 1 points to state :
I'm sorry, I've been taking YEARS to compose just 1 chapter and besides, planning for the City of Heavenly Fire fanfictions from Leah's POV and then the ~~epic ending~~ - it's been very exciting lately. But as soon as I find my pencils (my room is a mess; gimme a high-5 if you can relate!). I'll post some fanart of Leah Ravenscar. Maybe some comic strips. More tumblr trash. Edits. A family fanart of Clary, Jace, Izzy, Alec, Simon, Leah, Magnus, Tessa, Brother Zachariah, Sebby. Wow. Next - or maybe next to next - chapter probably. Till then, bye!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

______________________________________________________

Clary came, along with Simon, to the Institute one evening some days after the making of the Infernal Cup and the creation of the Endarkened race. The motive was to exchange information about what all had happened to individuals during the past days - ever since Sebastian had been brought back from the dead.

Jace was noticeably brief about his adventures; Clary narrated her story properly with the required details; Simon boasted about how he had summoned Raziel, and how the Angel was perhaps not very pleased to have been summoned by a teenage nerd vampire - especially one who could technically destroy the famous Raziel himself.

And then the questions were thrown at Leah. "After Isabelle had put me into a clean nightgown, given me a sponge bath and had gone away, Sebastian came into my room." Seeing everyone's shocked looks, Leah added "He didn't harm me in any way, though.

"He asked for my support in his plans - and when I refused, he said that he would get me anyway, either through threats or bribery. Apparently the deal was that if he was successful in creating some antidote to my.......sensitivity to Oskino blood, I would give into his plans. If not, he would torture my loved ones, bribe me or blackmail me to get his way. He had the time of 30 days to find the antidote.

"And meanwhile, we both had other deals; I was not supposed to side with any group, offer my support to any side or tell anyone about what I knew of his ideas. And he was not supposed to harm anyone I cared about. We were also not to inflict violence upon each other. Till the last of the 30 days."

"But Jace was possessed. Isn't that a 'harm done to someone you care about'?" Clary inquired.

"He wasn't harmed in any way." Leah replied shortly, not adding that in a way Jace had secretly enjoyed it too.

"I knew that Sebastian isn't one to be trusted - unless you have sworn your support to him wholeheartedly and he doesn't doubt it. Like, the Endarkened. Like, Jace, when he was possessed. He doesn't doubt their support. But Clary......he knew that Clary would betray him. He just knew it.

"I asked Tessa Gray to get me in the building where Simon had killed Lilith, and she and I went to her permanent residence in London. This was after Sebastian and I had made our pact and he had left. Tessa is a warlock, you know. She - and another slightly-annoying woman from London - coached me into some......abilities while we were there. It tired me, doing all those demonic crafts, but......it was much needed in order to help people and to fight Sebastian. And......well, for other reasons."

"By 'demonic crafts', do you mean the fact that you can turn into dark fumes of wind?" Clary questioned, and Alec's eyes widened in surprise.

"I prefer dust and shadows. Pulvis et umbra sumus."

"Quite literally." Jace added.

"Not just that, I also learnt minor shape-shifting and teleporting without the use of a Portal."

Everyone immediately got excited at the prospect, leaving behind their doubts on how could Leah ever do something like that, being a shadowhunter.

Clary meanwhile suspiciously pondered upon when Lilith had once claimed that Leah was indirectly her daughter since the demoness was known to be the mother of all warlocks. She wondered if Lilith had meant so because Leah could do things that ordinary Shadowhunters were not supposed to be able to do - but ones, which warlocks actually can do.

Leah however gently shut her eyes at the people's request for a demonstration; she seemed to concentrate for some time, and then finally her opaque bone-and-flesh anatomy dissolved into a translucent gaseous nature, till all that was left were vague fumes of smoke and dust.

Everyone gasped. Leah swirled around the room in her shadow form, before she changed back into her human form. But only seconds after, she was opaque again, Leah jumped gracefully in the air above Simon and Isabelle and seemed to disappear in midair - or rather break up into colourless shadows and dust again.

She materialised in another faraway corner of the room, and her audience applauded at that. Leah twirled on her tiptoes like a Shadowhuntress ballerina, and bowed elegantly.

"That was impressive!" Alec exclaimed.

"That warlock - Tessa Gray - and the other woman, what's her name?" Isabelle questioned in between her applauds.

"Jessamine Lovelace." Leah said shortly.

"Yeah, her. They both should be given special thanks for those awesome skills you've acquired. I only do hope they haven't been drugging you with demonic steroids or anything." Isabelle joked.

Jessamine Lovelace. Clary noticed that it was a shadowhunter name; she wondered if this Jessamine too was a special shadowhunter - like Leah - who might be capable of special arts unlike other Shadowhunters and have demon blood.

"What about the shape-shifting part?" Simon sounded so eager. "Do you like touch someone and then zzzzzzzzz, just become exactly like them? Can you become like me?"

"Um, actually I'm not really very good with that. I have a chance of going wrong in the process......so, I guess I better not attempt in shape-shifting. Not right now, at least; I need more practice with that." Leah replied sheepishly.

Simon nodded, disappointedly, and Leah continued narrating the incidences that had occurred during her disappearance. "Not just learning these queer abilities. I also maintained contacts with the Spiral Labyrinth and the Scholomance - through which I learnt that there was actually no way you can create an antidote to Oskino blood - or rather to any Greater Demon.

"And it was when I learnt this, that I realised that there was no point keeping my deal with Sebastian and looking forward to an Oskino antidote, when there was technically no way of creating an antidote at all. I went to the dimension where Sebastian resided, to convey him the message, but I was in time to witness him assaulting Clary. And since then, I guess Clary has already told you the happenings."