25| Unexpected

***

When the boys got back from the warehouse Barry wouldn't even look at Oliver and I knew something was wrong since Barry practically idolizes him. I was trying to help Felicity took for Harkness, but she made it perfectly clear that I was only going to get in the way of her genius. I walked over to Barry who was sitting on the metal stairs that led to the exit. "Move your feet." I told him, and when he did I sat next him. "So is this team up not going how you pictured?"

"I just...I don't know. I thought it would be different." He admitted as he looked down at his hands. "He tortured a guy to get information. And well it just doesn't seem right."

"You know, you and Oliver are so different. And so are the cities that you live in." I told him, and he finally looked up at me expectantly. "The way that our team has been treating this whole meta human situation makes it feel like what were doing really isn't real. Here, the people that Oliver goes up against seem much more real and the fact that they don't have any super powers yet are able to cause so much damage makes them scarier. Sometimes we have do do things we might not feel comfortable with to keep people safe."

"You know that's similar to what Oliver told me." Barry said with a small hint of a smile on his face. "But you say it in a much nicer way."

I bit down on my lip as an attempt not to laugh, especially since we were in a serious situation at the moment. "Well, Oliver isn't the nicest person, but he cares. And that's what matters."

"How do you do that?" Barry suddenly asked, and I gave him a confused look.

"Do what?"

"Say the right things that make me feel better." He clarified, and I looked away from him as I thought about the answer.

"That's because I tell you what you want to hear." Barry thought about it for a second, before he gave me a look that I could't really read.

"I got him." Felicity announced, Barry and I got up and walked over to everyone who was already crowding around Felicity. "He's in a warehouse at the corner of Infantino and Adams." She pulled up the A.R.G.U.S spy satellite footage which Lyla was not to happy about to show us. "Thermographic imaging shows ten bodies inside."

"Harkness knows we're coming." Dig concluded as he looked over at Oliver.

"I can track the cell phone's position with this." Cisco informed them as he pulled out one of his tracking devices.

"Cisco, you're with Diggle and Roy." Oliver quickly ordered.

"I'll race you there." Barry told him, and the look Oliver gave him made it clear that they were both over whatever little argument that the had.

"I'll go with you guys." I said as I stood up.

"No!" Oliver and Barry exclaimed in unison. My the look on Oliver's face he probably thought I meant as Artemis, but that was definitely not the case.

"And why not?"

"It's too dangerous." Barry replied as if it were obvious.

"I don't think sitting in a car with Cisco and Dig is classified as dangerous." I countered, but the look on both of their faces told me that there was no way I was coming with. "Fine, I like being with these girls better than any of the rest of you." I declared sat down between Caitlin and Felicity.

***

The remaining four of us were seated around the main computer waiting hear from the men of the team. We were all waiting in silence until Marko's phone began to ring, and we all looked down at the device in confusion. "I swear I turned that off." Felicity told us as she picked up the phone and turned it off again.