Hide and Go Shoot

"Are you serious?" Felix narrows his eyes at me, putting his hands on his hips demeaningly. "A hundred percent," I smiled immensely. "No, there's no way. I mean, come on! You just got shot five days ago," his worry was shining through his patronizing tone, and I rolled my eyes.

"Felix, the doctor says I'm fine. As long as my right ribcage is shielded and out of harm's way, I'm okay. And, besides! It's better than me laying in that bed with him in the room," I jabbed a thumb towards Sharkface as I bent down to slip into my armored boots. The "injured" patient flashed Felix a grin over my shoulder, and my boyfriend returned a scowl.

"I would just feel better if I was with you," the grey and orange merc pouted, crossing his arms in defeat.

"I'll make sure to take good care of her," Locus appeared in the doorway of the infirmary, his raucous voice surprising all of us. I saw Felix sneer at his partner, and I sent him a questionable look.

"Yes," my boyfriend stood up from his chair, shooting Locus a cold stare, "You will." They held eye contact for a few moments, and I stood up to break up the awkward silence.

"You ready, Lo?" I piped up, bouncing on the balls of my feet excitedly. Felix grimaced at me, and I cursed at myself for using his nickname in front of the orange loving mercenary. I don't know why he was getting so... pissy! Locus and I are good friends.

"Always," the soldier nodded, avoiding Felix's ongoing glare. "You'll be on comms, right?" I turned to my boyfriend, sending him a cheeky grin. He kept his gaze on the green and grey merc for a second, before he turned to me with a fake smile, "Yeah. If you need anything, just call."

"Will do," I placed my hands on his chest plate, leaning up to kiss his cheek. I felt his soft sigh after I retreated, and I sent him a smile before heading out the door with Locus.

"Hey, Sam."

Locus and I turned around, raising our eyebrows in response. I shot Locus a confused look, "Why the hell did you turn around? Your name isn't Sam." Locus chuckled lowly, smirking down at me, "How would you know?"

"Oh my God," I squealed, wrapping my hands around Locus' forearms as I jumped up and down excitedly, "We have the same names!" The soldier laughed at my childishness, something I haven't heard him do in a while.

"Sam," Felix demanded, his foot tapping rapidly on the infirmary's floor. My giggles and excitement slowly faded away as I furrowed my brow at my boyfriend. What is his problem?!

"Just," the merc sighed, rubbing his forehead wearily, "Be careful..." I nodded slowly, giving him an uneasy look as we marched out the door. I saw him beam me a tired smile before I shut the door.

"I wanted to thank you," I mumbled after we were completely out of earshot, "for telling Felix I was totally fine with you shooting Wash." Locus gazed at me, and I cleared my throat uncomfortably, "I know I was shocked and a bit freaked out... You really saved me." Locus nodded understandingly.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me your name was Sam," I huffed a laugh after we shared an awkward silence. "I just go by Locus," he said sternly, like calling someone by their first name was a bad thing.

"Well, I promise to keep this our little secret," I snickered, which made Locus smile.

Our mission was simple. After a few space pirates land in Armonia, we would fly in with a Pelican and disappear once they unloaded more soldiers into the battlefield. With our Active Camo, Locus and I would split up and stealthily travel through the city and search for Donald Doyle. Once we spotted him, he was history.

Piece of cake.

"SUPER SAM TEAM UP!!!" I abruptly screamed, shoving my fist in the air. Locus just looked at me, shaking his head disappointedly, "No... Just, no."

--------------------------------------------

"Reporting in. Tunnels clear so far. Any sign of the General yet? Over," I scanned the halls, boredom slowly creeping over me as I sighed. "Negative. Keep your eyes peeled. They may travel through the tunnels to stay out of the battle above. Over," Locus' orderly voice made me roll my eyes playfully.

"Affirmative. I'll check back in five," I nodded, knowing he couldn't see me. I quietly drew out a whistle, leaning back on the wall. God, who knew stealth missions could be so boring.

"Well," an unfamiliar voice pricked my ears, and I immediately stood up, "At least they keep us off the streets and out of trouble." I crept beside the wall, my heart pounding in my chest as I saw the warnings on my HUD telling me my camo was failing.

And just as I decloaked, Wash laid his eyes and aim on me.

eek! what's wash gonna do? shoot her? hug her? (psh yeah right) I wanted to thank everyone who commented on my a/n last night!

Demonblade1138
CaitlynSterk
Finalfan45
Flameykittycat
MialeeNialo
Axellefox3
UncivilSphinx2002

(if I missed anyone please let me know) your comments really helped me think of new ideas and I'm so thankful!!! you deserve all the credit in the world. ilysm <3