First Impressions

"Who the fuck is this guy?"

I motioned to the man in red and black armor, who had half a head of hair and scars all over the side of his face.

"This is our new mercenary, Sharkface," The Counselor showed me a tense smile, his calm voice making me sick. My nose scrunched up in confusion, "Sharkface?"

It had been about 4 months since I betrayed the Reds and Blues. We've been doing just fine by ourselves. Since when did we need extra help from someone like him?

"Ya know, I'm standing right here!" The new recruit scoffed, a bitter laugh escaping his mouth as he turned around. His laugh died down when he laid his eyes on me, his scowl slowing turning into a grin.

"Don't let the name throw you. I don't bite too hard," he winked, his tongue slowly tracing his bottom lip. I rolled my eyes, not amused by his low-key flirting, "Oh, aren't you the charmer!"

"I can be anything you want me to," Sharkface quickly commented, his low and gruff voice almost making me cringe. "Let's not get off topic, Samantha," the Counselor gladly cut into the conversation, strained.

"For the last time," I felt my hands clench into fists in anger, "It's Sam! Not Samantha! Not Sammy! Not Prescott! It's just Sam." Sharkface chuckled softly, eyeing me up and down before turning around and finishing his "art".

"Right. Excuse me for my... misuse of names," Price nodded, his apologetic smile making me show one in return. After a short awkward silence, the man cleared his throat and picked up his clipboard once again.

"Now, where were we," The Counselor tapped his pen on the wood, his beady eyes scanning through the scribbled notes, "Ah! The subject of your... friends."

I threw my head back, a groan of annoyance ringing from my lips, "Oh my God, I'm gonna rip my ears off." Sighing, I tried to explain this to my therapist, "Price. We've been over this subject a thousand times! And for the thousandth time, they are not my friends. At least... not anymore."

My gaze traveled to the ground, and I shuffled my feet uncomfortably as I felt the Counselor's eyes on me. I hated it when he did this. Studied me. Examined me. Acted like I was one of his little experiments or tests.

"Saman... Sam. This subject is vital to your ultimate goal! Please, just one more time," he pleaded, and I sent him a glare. "Promise this is the last time?" I muttered, reluctantly lifting my gaze to meet his.

"Of course," his small smile seemed forced as he put a checkmark next to something on his pad. "Do we have to do it with him in the room?" I jabbed a thumb in Sharkface's direction, a scowl spreading across my lips.

"Hey, doll-face. You better start getting used to it, cause we're practically family now," His wicked smirk made me scoff and almost vomit when he winked. The Counselor sighed, but nodded, "He has a point."

I puffed my lips, tapping my fingers impatiently on the table. "Fine," I loathed, "Let's just get this over with." God, I hated it when Felix left me alone for missions.

--------------------------------------------

"Wow," the rookie's gruff voice almost gave me a heart attack, "Less really is more."

"JESUS FUCK!" I cursed, jolting up from my locker in utter surprise. My forehead knocked into the top of the metal compartment, and I almost threw another swear into the atmosphere.

"What the hell, dude?!" I hissed, turning around to see Sharkface smirking at a half naked me. I snatched my sweaty t-shirt off of the bench, using it as an attempt to cover myself.

After a short training session, I thought I could undress in the locker room and take a quick shower. I stripped off my sweaty clothes, and all I had left on was my bra and underwear. I mean, you'd think people would just look away politely if they saw you underdressing in a public locker room. Nope. Not this jackass.

"Hey, don't get pissy with me. This is a shared locker room. If you wanted to strip in privacy, you should've gone to your bunk," the red and black armored man held his hands out in defense. "But, don't let me stop you."

I scowled at his comment, resisting the urge to spit on him right then and there. "Shouldn't you be on a mission or something?" I gritted my teeth, glaring daggers at him.

"Soon, yes. But I'd much rather stay here and continue watching the show. Oh, that reminds me. I don't have any dollar bills for you, but I can repay you with something much better," The soldier's sickening chuckle made me miss my pistol as he started to approach me slowly.

Ignoring his remark of me being a stripper, I growled, "Unless that payment is you jumping off a cliff, I don't want it." Sharkface grinned, edging closer and closer to me, "At least I know you'll save me."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes at his ridiculousness. "Do the words fuck off mean anything to you?" I smiled sweetly, wanting to kick him in the balls if he set another foot towards me. But, he did. Not surprising.

"Not when you're the one that's saying it," Sharkface smirked, his one black eye closing as a wink. Would it be bad if I puked on him? Cause it was pretty close to happening.

"Is there any shark repellent I can invest in?" Sneering, I reared away from him. When my back hit the locker, I sighed in defeat. "See, I love this whole hardass act you got goin' on here, but there's a little flaw in it," the ex-Insurrectionist placed a hand beside my head, his hot breath hitting my cheek.

"For example, when I do something like this," his free hand slithered down my side, my breathing hitched, "your little act seems to disappear." My heart starting to race as his hand continued downward, and I couldn't bring myself to bring my knee in-between his legs.

I almost fainted from surprise and relief when an oh-so-familiar voice met my ears.

"Am I interrupting something?"

eeeek. sharkface is gettin' a little friskyyyy. ;) how did you think that went? who do you think was the voice? felix? locus? someone else? comment any questions (or answers!!!) you have. and please, feel free to pm me if you have any suggestions or ideas you wanna see! <3