Chapter 7-Allyson

Start from the beginning

I hear something shift next to me. I stiffen and slowly turn to see what it is. To my surprise, Cheren is sleeping in a chair right next to my bed. He has bandages in his hand, and tape in the other. I’m assuming he’s the one who fixed my head for me. I smile at the thought.

He’s always been there for me. No matter if I wanted him to be or not, he was there. I know it’s his job, but I can’t help to think that he actually wants to, like he actually really cares for me. I sit here and stare at him. On his eye not covered in bandages, his eyelashes look extremely long. I shake my head ridding of the thoughts. It’s impossible for him to feel that way. Why would he like protecting a creature like me anyway, he’s just doing his job. I’m just a monster with too much power than what I know what to do with.

I look down at my hands which are scratched and wounded from the needle monster, the shattered glass and the flying wood from yesterday. That was the first thing I had ever killed, the needle monster. Now I’m stuck with these scars to always remember it by. I haven’t even killed a spider before. I would always have my father capture it and free it outside. Tears start to well up in my eyes thinking about home. I miss my parents and my only friend that I had. They were the only the three people I had, but I loved them and they treated me like I was normal. Probably because they didn’t know what I was. Or did they? Did they know what I was and didn’t tell me for my own good? They would’ve told me though. They wouldn’t keep anything like that hidden from me. Or they had me believing that.

Cheren moves again in his chair, and soon his eyes flutter open. I quickly wipe my tears away. He stretches his arms out and blinking his eyes, as if he just realized where he was.

“Oh, you’re awake.” He leans forward and looks at me. “You feeling OK?” I nod my head, not really wanting to talk. He looks down at my hands, “Oh, sorry I forgot to wrap your hands.” He grabs the bandage and reaches for my hands with his. I look down at his and his are already covered in bandages, and blood from my forehead. He barely touches my hand with his, and I pull away. I didn’t mean to, but I impulsively did. I look up at him, and he has the same look as he did last time this happened. A completely hurt face.

“S-sorry.” I say as I place my hands back down on the bed. “Where’s everyone else?” I ask trying to avoid the awkwardness. He leans back in his chair.

“Downstairs waiting for you to wake up. I guess we could head down now.” I pull my covers off, and I see I’m still in my pajamas.

“I’ll be down in a minute, I’m going to change.” He nods and walks out the door closing it behind him. I stride over to my dresser and pull out a new dress I had gotten the other day. It’s a strapless aqua sundress that comes down to mid-thigh. I strip my pajamas off and pull the dress over my head, adjusting it as I do. I then pull on some white leggings spotted with gray dots.

I walk down the stairs and find everyone gathered in the sitting room on the second floor. Danni and Camdyn sit on one couch Ian and Chloe on the other, with Lucifer and Cheren sitting on the two chairs.

“Oh I’m sorry, you can take my chair.” Lucifer offers as he begins to stand. I stop him by raising my hand, and I plop down on the ground. Everyone looks at me likes I’m nuts, but I ignore it.

“So what are we here to talk about?” I ask, looking around at everyone. They all look at each other like they don’t even have a clue what we’re gathered for. It’s Lucifer who speaks up though.

“Well I gathered you guys so I could discuss a matter that I’ve been pondering about.” He pauses for a moment, to let everyone wonder what he could mean. “Based on the three attacks these girls had just experienced, I’m assuming this Caspian won’t give up on them without a fight. I think it’s time we-.” He’s cut off by the ring of the doorbell. Before anyone else can register what they heard, or even move, I stand up and head down the stairs towards the door. From behind me I can hear some of them telling me to stop, that it could be another trap.