Chapter 17

After you had calmed down and stopped crying, things between you and Yata became awkward. Neither of you really knowing what to say, needless to say, nothing had progressed to any direction for last ten minutes. You needed to get something to start a conversation with, but you had lost your words.

As you were hopelessly trying to come up with something to say, his mind was battling over the mixed feeling he was having. He had never felt anything like this for a girl. Unlike all the other girls, he didn't see you as some magical creature he couldn't figure out, but rather as a figure he could trust, someone he was comfortable with, who he wanted to protect. Someone he wanted to be around as much as he could, he wanted to know everything about you. He wanted to be close to you, but the same time all of these feelings seemed dangerous.

He was brought back to reality as his phone rang. He picked it up from the kitchen counter. "What is it?" He asked. You stared the floor like it was the most interesting thing in the world, still you could feel his eyes on you. You looked up, facing him. His eyes were filled with confusion, like he was thinking something very hard. "Yeah everything is good, we'll come soon" Yata said tearing his eyes off of you.

"Who was it?" You asked as he ended the call. "Kusanagi, he was wondering if everything was alright" he said. "Mikoto said to bring you to Homra" he continued. "Why?" You asked. "I don't know, he said that you are ready" he said. "Ready for what?" You asked confused. "He didn't say" Yata answered. You were slightly confused, but decided that you could wait for the answers. You trusted Yata, you trusted that they wouldn't hurt you. You wanted to help them, help Yata.

///

So I had (well kind of still do, trying to get over it) a crush on this girl and I just found out she has a girlfriend. I've know her for about half year and it has never come up. How the fuck? I also thought she might be into me from the way she was talking with me. I feel so stupid right now.