Chapter 14: The First Night Outside

Start from the beginning

Although, I did understand the need to leave early. Wasser was quite far up north and Aires was closer to Fyria then Wasser. Which meant that we would not manage to get to Wasser in a days time. Or at least it was very unlikely. This meant that we would have to rest one night and probably not in a hotel this time. I was going to be sore. This was not fun. I didn expect it to be fun but it still didn't quite sink in until now.

"Are you ready, Princess?" Lucas asks me for the second time today.

"Yes." I now give him the answer he was waiting for.

We all went out into the courtyard to get ready for take-off. Cressida came up to me and wrapped her arms around me in a hug and reminded me to remember that I could always come and visit. Alexandro gave me more of a sqeeze or a bone-crushing hug.

After everyone had said goodbye, Lucas wrapped his arms around me pulling me into his chest. One arm around my waist and one under my arms.

I felt it as his wings came out. The change in the way his body was balanced and the wave of hot air from the fiery wings were both indicators. A few seconds later, he took to the air.

I almost laughed out loud at the exhilarating feeling of going up. I close my eyes and pretend, even if just for a moment, that there weren't any arms holding me and the warmth from his wings came from mine.

I felt a quick stab of pain when I opened my eyes again and was reminded that I would never ever fly on my own. I shook my head sharply, reminding myself that I was much more fortunate than many.

. . . . . . . . . .

We had flown for almost the whole day. It had been mostly silent, with no one having much to say. Although, we had somehow managed to all agree that we needed to settle down once the sky has turned orange as the sun started to set.

Now we were on the ground in a clearing, trying to set up camp. It turned out to be mostly a disaster as everything seemed to go wrong. I shook my head at the scene unfolding in front of my eyes.

Isabella and Corrin were shouting at each other as to who should do what depending on talent and strength. Apparently each one was stupid and incompetent according to the other one. I sighed. Sibling rivalry.

Lina, in the other hand, had decidedly lost all her camping materials. She wasn't making a dramatic scene like the twins, but a much quieter storm that was much more dangerous. She sorted through all her EC's, slowly getting more and more frustrated as she couldn't find a single blanket, tent, or other items.

Lucas was trying to get a good pile of wood for a fire, but it seemed that every flying critter in the forest was against him. Every time he would put down an armful of wood, a bunch of many different creatures, all of them flying, would swoop in and grab them.

Then, as if in cue, everything exploded. Isabella and Corrin went for each others necks, both of them lunging with a growl at each other. Lina let out a scream of frustration throwing out the ECs in every direction. The pesky pixies, birds and other flying creatures decided that stealing all the firewood wasn't enough and started going after Lucas as well.

I stopped standing at the sidelines just watching and instead charged in headfirst to try and stop this mess. This situation was getting out of hand. I literally jumped in between Isabella and Corrin pushing then apart. Letting a bit of fire spark from my fingertips warning them to stop. They did stop and just glared at each other instead.

Next I ran over to Lina and picked up all the ECs that were scattered around her in a mess of jewelry. I handed them back to her and when she just glare at them I have an exasperated sigh and just shoved them back into her bag.