How interesting...

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Are you going to tell me about it?” I ask as I pull on the skirt. There is a snapping like sound as the elastic adjusts to my waist.

"Ok. Here goes nothing." She says as I pause midway of changing back into my cuffed denim shorts, awaiting her answer.

She mumbles something.

"Speak up.”

I hear more mumbling but I still can't hear her, so I poke my head out, and she hesitantly cups her hands around my ear.

"I’m pregnant." She whispers and I gasp.

I know. I really shouldn't be surprised. She's a slut. She sleeps around all the time, but it's just sad.

"Oh." I manage to spit out.

"Umhmm." she nods.

"Who’s the baby’s daddy?" I ask her.

"Tyler."

"You’re keeping the baby?"

"I’m Catholic. I believe abortion is wrong. I already ignored God’s will once and it won’t happen again.”

"I see..." I said. This was awkward.

"I quit cheerleading." She said suddenly.

"Oh. I guess you'll have to find a new hobby."

"I guess! I don't know."

"Who else knows about the...thing."

"It’s a baby not a thing."

"Same difference." I say and she gives me a look. Must be them pregnancy hormones I hear about.

"Not really. But anyways in answer to your question, you and Tyler."

"That’s it?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah."

"What about all your other friends?"

"Friends? Are you kidding me? They just hang with me to be considered popular." She says sighing discontentedly at her lack of true friends.

"I’ll be your friend." I say quickly. After the words leave my mouth, I want to smack myself. Why did I just suggest that?

"Really? You would? Ty is right! You are amazing!" Amber says and hugs me practically squeezing the life out of me.

"Okay. You can let go now." I say wheezing. I may not like cheerleading one but it sure does build arm muscle.

"I’m sorry for bullying you before. I'm going to reinvent myself. I promise. I'll be new and nice. I’ll be nice to everyone!" Amber says with a big goofy smile. I hope she follows through with this plan. I think her mouth is going to break.

"Good for you!" I say as we make our way to the cashier.

"Ooh. Eye-candy alert." She says eyeing the male worker up and down and elbowing me playfully.

"I call dibs."

"But I saw him first!" She complains while whisper shouting as he looks at us and we move up in line a bit.

"You have Tyler, and his kid." I said reminding the girl.

"Fine," she says pouting, "but with your makeover you can get any boy you want."

"Not true."

"You know it is." Amber says making me blush, "Aha!" She says in satisfaction.

"Hello-" I start to say as we get to the register with the hottie.

"How may I help you?" A girl asks and she looks like a stick with a hot pink dress and beach blonde hair. She’s shooting me daggers. I think she's jealous. Maybe he has good taste.

She’s pure plastic. Maybe he prefers the more natural looking ones. Barbie snaps her fingers in front of my face annoyed, her cheery and overly happy facade gone.

"Sorry." I say and I can't help but think how much of a better place this world would be without people like her.

"Alaina, stop being so rude." Says the brunette male next to her giving me an apologetic smile. A smile that could met hearts. I could just stare it all day. I think this boy's an angel.

"Excuse me." Says Alaina harshly and stomps off angrily leaving the handsome boy to finish helping me check out my clothing item.

"Sorry about her." He says.

"Don’t mention it." I say taking my bag continuing to stare at his beautiful face not looking away once. He was just so mesmerizing.

"Here’s her number." Amber says giving him a sheet of paper with my cell.

"Amber!" I scold as we leave the store.

"Chill’ax. He gladly accepted your digits." And I have no response to this, since she is right.

"Look, I don't need any more guys in my life. I just thought he was good looking."

"Oh please. There's never such a thing as too many guys."