Workout

"WAKE UP!" My own personal alarm clock sang. Well actually it was Cassie, but you know...

I groan into my pillow until I feel ice water on tricklicking down me and completely soaking my pajamas. I shoot up out of bed and give Cassie a glare. She slept over last night just so she could wake me up early. Ughhhh. Today was the day she would help me with my workout and diet routine.

Cassie threw some clothes at me. I put on the really cute zebra athletic shorts and a

plain blacks sports bra. I tied my Adidas sneakers and then ran out the front door eating an apple as my breakfast. I met Cassie on the school football field.

After I stretched and warmed up so I wouldn't pull a muscle, I ran laps around the track.

Cassie contributed by yelling rude comments like, "Move it! What are you a turtle?" and "My grandmother can run faster than you! And she's over 100 years old!".

I was growing tired already and Cassie stopped me. "Can you go any faster?"

"Sorry." I apologize sighing.

"You already have a naturally fit body you lucky duck! I know you can do better."

"Sorry." I apologize again.

"I know! We need to motivate you!" She pulls out a cookie from her backpack and my eyes get the size of saucers.

"Oh my gosh! Gimme! Now!" I shreik like a child.

"5 laps around the track at full sprint and then you get this chocolate chip cookie." she explains.

"Deal!" I say and run as fast as I can. What can I say? This girl likes her cookies!

"Done!" I say panting as I have just finished completing a mile in a little under seven minutes. I reach out for the cookie but Cassie pulls it back.

"Later!"

"But...But...Ughhh" I sigh in defeat. All that hard work for nothing. "Thanks alot Cassie."

"Anytime babe." she smirks.

"Now step ups!" she says ecxitedly. You'd be suprised how much a football stadium is good for a workout. The bleacher stairs are pretty useful; not just the feild. Cassie made me run up the steps. After a while, my thighs felt like rocks. Also, I was running back down the bleachers and tripped on one of the last steps. I did a face plant into the dirt. It didn't hurt at all but the taste was absolutely appaling! Yuck! Cassie stops her stepups long enough to laugh in my face.

To wash out the dirt, I take a swig of water. "Okay. I think we've had enough step ups for one day." she says with a knowing giggle. I glare at her; I've been glaring a lot lately.

"Ok now situps!"

"Why no one is going to see my stomach!" I ask.

"Yeah they will! You'll be invited to a pool party with all your new hawt looks."

"Ill just wear a one piece." I reply nonchalantly.

"Hello!? Lily spent her money on those sexy bikins for you and you're going to wear them whether you like it or not! It is my job to make you look good in them!"

"Fine." I sigh. Okay maybe this part isn't so fun.

"Oh cheer up! Now on the ground! Sit ups! 2000! Like the celberties do!"

"Theyre celebrities! They don't have that kind of time!" I argue.

"Yeah they do! I read it in one of my magazines! I just forgot which one!"

I ignore this stupid comment and lay on the grass. Cassie holds my feet down and At about the 50th situp I am exhausted. My tummy muscles are aching like crazy! Cassie notices me slowing down.

"Okay let's just start at an easy 100 for today. You can build up to 2000! Besides, I have a lot mode planned for you!" she says grinning. I hate working out. More than anything I most definentely would of quit by now if it wasn't for that absolutely scrumptious cookie waiting for me when I was done exercising.

"Let me guess. Push ups now." I say and get in pushup position.

"NEVER!" screams Cassie looking truly appalled. I am confused; don't the PE teachers encourage pushups? Pushups are healthy.

"Do you want to look like a man?"

"Um...no" I slowly reply to this awkward question.

"Push ups give you man arms dummy! Never do them! Gosh! Use your noggin!" she scolds.

"I prefer brain. Noggin is that word used on PBS a lot and I hate PBS."

Now it is Cassie's turn to roll her eyes. "Whatever. You're not my Language Arts teacher."

"Oh but I am. In disguise!" I joke around. Cassie narrows her eyes at this.

"Back to work now my little disciple." she orders me.

"What now?"

"Lunges across the feild."

"Do you know how big a football field is?" I ask Cassie with wide eyes. She expects me to do this on the first try?

"Big?" she guesses uncertaintly.

"VERY big." I say. She gulps at my harsh tone.

"I believe in you Addie! You can do this! For me? Showing those kids at school who's boss?" she pleads.

"Fine. But it's not for you. Or for the sake of being in shape. Or for revenge on the other students. I'm doing it for the cookie." I tell her totally serious. The power of the cookie.

"Okay then. What are you waiting for? GO!"

I finish up my lunges and feel like Im about to collapse.

"Great job!" Cassie praises me.

"Cookie?" I beg her.

"Not yet." I groan. When will I get my cookie! It's waiting for me!

"Weighted lunges."

"Weighted? But my legs feel dead already." I complain.

"Do it for the 'cookie'" she mocks me in a high pitched voice. She tosses me a weight. I drop one and it lands on my big toe.

"YOWEE KAZOWI!" I shriek at the top of my lungs. Yeah. You heard me. Like my choice of language? I prefer not to cuss.

"Whimp!" says Cassie.

"It hurts! These are twenty pounders!" I pout. I am jumping up and down clutching my soon to be swollen toe.

"Doubtful. You have such a low tolerance for pain." she says.

"Oh yeah? Why don't you try it!"

"Maybe I will!" says Cassie. She drops the weight on her toe.

"HOLY SHIT!" she screams even louder than me.

"Language." I scold her. Cussing annoys me.

"Sorry. HOLY SHIZBALLS!" Now we are both hopping on one foot screaming like lunatics. She's louder of course being the drama queen she is. And I have a low tolerance for pain. Pshhh...NO! Cassie should not be talking.

"Can I be done for the day?" I ask

"Fine." says Cassie.

"Yes! Now give me the cookie!" I say triumphiantly. The stinging pain in my toes was slowly being replaced by a sore one. Cassie takes the Cookie and throws it in the forest behind the field.

"WHY!?" I scream.

"Chill. It's a cookie. Were starting diet now, so you can't have it anyways."

"We made a deal though!" I whine.

"You forgot to shake my hand!" she explains. I snap my fingers. Crap!

Dieting hmm...? I don't know what will be worse, working out, or limiting the amount of sugar I take in.