Epilogue

10 years later-  ages 28

"Sweety can you hear anything ? "

"No Mommy, I don't think he likes me." Avril said sticking out her bottom lip and pouting. Absolutely adorably, I may add.

"Of course not honey come on come a little closer." I said pulling my daughter closer to my belly.

"I can hear it Mommy, I really can!" I laughed loudly as she squished herself as close as she possibly could to my belly. I took out my phone, typing in a number I've had since the first day of my senior year.

Pulling my phone into face time mode I pressed the contact and smiled as he picked up on the first ring.

"Hey Honey! Look at how cute this is!" I said positioning my camera to where Avril was squished onto my belly listening carefully.

"Mommy you're too loud!I won't be able to hear the baby!" Laughing again I smiled at Avril and hushed my laughter at the unamused kindergartener.

"I'm sorry sweety. Come say hi to Daddy." I said trying to keep my laughter at bay while looking Avril square in the eyes even though she was giving me her best dirty look for talking.

Actual skills.

I would have to vent about this to Carly later, who teaches a kid dirty looks?

Avril's face changed in no time when I handed her my phone.
"Hi Daddy! Look at me I'm with the baby see? I'll show you when you come home!" Avril shouted smiling at the phone, that girl and her acting.

Just like her Mama.

"Okay Avril why don't you go wash your hands?  Mommy is making Daddy's favorite." I said prying the phone off of her hands.

"You're going to make the lasagna?" She asked wide eyed.

"Yes I am, you know this was the first meal I made for your father."

"I know you tell me that every time." She said getting up to go to the bathroom.

"Okay Aiden I'll have to call you back can't wait til you come back home. Your Grandparents are out in the back with the horses right now, but I'll get them to call you back! I'm sorry I'm getting another call right now."

"Alright bye love, I'll see you later." 

"Hey Makayla! How's the company doing? " I asked my associate.

"It's doing great boss. Thanks for the promotion! How's the baby doing? "

"Great! I'll need to call you back, Avril is in one of her moods." I said pulling Avril off the stool by the sink as she pouted.

"Ah okay Boss, bye!" Makayla said with a laugh will hanging up.

I'm so happy I hired her to assist me with my Clothing company, who would have known we would be the number one brand?

I quickly changed my outfit and checked the time.

Ah 7pm. Carly would be over any second now. After all the drama ,heartache and pain in highschool, and all the friends I lost. I'm so grateful I still have Carly. I quickly put Avril in front of the tv and opened the door on the first ring.

"Carly! "

"Haley!" We hugged and laughed as we looked at each other's bellies. Mine was obviously bigger even though I was a month behind Carly.

"You keep growing like that and we will need to add more sizes to our maternity section! " Carly laughed pushing her hand against my belly.

"Haha very funny I could still fire you. " I warned in a joking matter.

"Well I am your  vice president and your only friend so..I'll take my chances." She said with a laugh as I sent her a glare.

"You are not my only friend." I said but Carly was cut off by a single sound.

The doorbell rang as I hurried to the door to answer. Aiden enveloped me in a hug as Avril ran over and he picked her up.

I laughed as Carly looked annoyed. I told her not to marry Ross but she did, the poor girl was heart broken and now she lives with us and Aiden's grandparents out on the countryside.

"Do you have to do this every time you're apart for eight hours?"

"Yes, yes we do." Aiden said with a laugh as he bent down to kiss me.

The only person I've ever kissed and the only one I ever will.

Somtimes when the cards don't match you have to make them and for us we might have been doomed from the start or "built to fall apart" but in the end we will always fall back together.

~*~

Yup that was extremely short, under 1000 words but, I really had nothing to say. I just wanted to show the main charectors and where they are now. I didn't want to lead on because then I would need to make a sequel, which I don't plan on making.

Thank you for reading til the end! Sorry this Epilogue is bad. But I  love you all so much!! xxDiana

Built to Fall Apartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें