12

"How'd it go?" Aiden asked me once we were alone after rehearsals.

"It went well, we are going on another one Saturday." I said trying to see if his expression would change.

I have to say with all of this going on and doing the most romantic show ever has got my emotions in a knot. Is it possible that things could change so quickly. I try to talk myself out of all of this and explain to myself that this is all because of the show.

I can't like Aiden right now.

But I can't deny the fact that I like him more and more each day.

Especially now that we talk after rehearsals. He now drops me off at my house which is like ten minutes away without traffic so we have time to talk.

"So you like him then." He asked trying to sound calm.

Another thing is I'm not exactly stupid. I'm well aware that he feels something too.

"No, we are just talking. He seems like a good friend."

"Ah okay. Are you ready to go? " He said changing the subject and slinging a duffel bag over his shoulder.

"Yeah let's go!"

~*~

"I'm sorry I'll need to cancel, my Aunt needs me to go to the vet and take her dog."

"Okay Micheal." I said as I felt Aiden's stare on me.

"Maybe another time, actually are you free Friday?"

"This Friday?" I asked a little too loud causing Aiden to stare.

"Yeah is that okay?" Micheal asked unsure by my sudden raise in pitch.

"Um yes that should be fine." I said deciding to end the call before Aiden made a hole through my skull from staring.

"I'll pick you up at 7." He said picking up on my rushed tone.

"Okay see you then!" I said while hanging up and placing the phone in my bag and meeting Aiden's eyes.

Aiden looked over at me and with his eyes was asking what just happened.

"It was Micheal, he had to reschedule to Friday." I said simply, why make it a big deal?

"This Friday?" Aiden asked moving his eyebrows up in confusion

"Yeah sorry for the inconvenience." I said sarcastically why would it matter what day I met with Micheal?

"I was planning on asking you out on Friday actually."

Wait...what?

"Oh." I settled on saying my voice quick but my mouth still gaping .

"Yeah maybe um next week? Or after the show?" He asked pulling up to a stop light and looking over at me .

"You want to talk to me after the show?" 'What happened to the whole this is for the show then we are done.', thing? I was shocked that he would be so upfront about it.

"Well Yeah. There's no denying it, You seem to want to too."

I stayed quiet for awhile not knowing exactly what to say but the words still replaying in my mind. So now it's a fact that we both like each other. There were no doubts but hearing it out loud is different. I just can't wrap my mind around it.

"So would you mind going out after the show?"

"Sure, love to." I said, the words rolled off my tongue without being completely processed.