21

I made my way carefully up the stage after running my hands one last time through my hair. I cleared my throat shuffling through my notecards checking the order again before finding the first card. I took a deep breath clearing my head of all doubts and smiling.

"My dearest student body. My what a journey have we had. I remember it like it was just yesterday. Entering into this place called highschool. When I was younger I remember thinking, that's not possible. I am never going to go to highschool, it's just never going to happen. Time has certainly flew by. I can't believe that we are all already graduating.

My fellow graduates. Over the last four years here at Richardson Highschool, we have learned a lot. Mr.Thames taught us how to Quadratics. Ms.Eisenhower taught us how to really understand literature. And Mr. Todick taught us how to swear in Spanish.EL SACAPUNTAS! Haha I'm just kidding parents, that means the pencil sharpener!" Everyone laughed loudly thinking back to that memory.

"And all of this knowledge will no doubt be valuable as we go forward in life. But I think that the most important thing that we have learned over the last four years is How to build relationships and rely on each other. I know it took me a long time to learn about those. "
I looked over at Makayla and smiled, she smiled back.

"Over the next few minutes, I'd like to talk about what we've learned, the people we have to thank, and the people we have to remember.

I told you that the most important thing that we learned was how to build relationships and rely on one another.

Let me give you just a couple of examples of what I'm talking about. Just a week ago Makayla came up to me in the girls locker room with some news. She passed me a cheer bow  and told me she wanted me to be cheer captain again. I was so happy. As most of you may know, Makayla and I have a rivalry of sorts, I mean we had. But when she needed someone I was there and when I needed her she was there. Like when I was out for a week and couldn't take care of my clubs she stepped up. Thank you Makayla." Her face lit up as she smiled at me.

Maybe she didn't mean it in a nice way at the time but her being there for the clubs in my absence really did help me out, even if she did it for the wrong reasons.

~*~

"So now we're high school graduates. And soon we're going to be signing each others' yearbooks and saying goodbye. There will be hugs and tears. We'll do our best to stay in touch. But we'll be living our lives and doing our best.

As a final thought going forward, I'd like to leave you with a quote from Ted Bodett.

He said, "The difference between school and life? In school you're taught a lesson and given a test.In life you're given a test and taught a lesson. "

"I wish you all good luck on your future tests, I hope you learn many more lessons from this new beautiful gift called life.Thank you all." I got off the stage as the claps erupted from the crowd. I took my seat And listened as the names were called. After my name was called I was finally able to relax. I finally did it. I graduated! I waited until all the names were called before we were sent off into the 'real world'. I threw my hat in the air and reached to catch it but not fast enough. A familiar blond caught it and smiled down at me.

"Looking for this?" He questioned handing me my hat.

"Why thank you. How heroic of you." I said rolling my eyes.

"I am just doing my prince charming duty . " He said laughing.

A moment passed both of us not saying anything.

"So then this is goodbye? From school together I mean."

"Well actually, my mom may have been hiding a certain letter from me after she heard about the school you were going to."

"What? Why would she do that?"

"I had my eyes on Harvard, so she didn't think twice."

"What school is it? Is it in Louisiana too?"

"Yeah! " I said holding back the extreme excitement.

"Really? Oh my!! UMM I'm way to excited just tell me!"

"You may have heard of it I'm not sure. It's Princeton. " I said casually so the words wouldn't register immediately.

"WHAT?OH THAT'S GREAT!But Harvard is your dream school, I don't wan to be the reason you don't go to your dream school."

"You and I arecapart of a bigger dream of mine. And I don't want to live out my dreams without you. Anyways who says no to Princeton?  That school is even better, I just didn't  think I'd ever get in." I said finally out of breath and excited.

"So we are going to college together?  "

"I guess so!"  I said as Aiden picked me up and hugged me.

"This is the best day ever."

"I know right? " I said throwing my head back laughing. As I  spun around in his arms.

"I'm so happy right now I could kiss you."

"And I'm okay with that." I said while giving him a quick kiss.

~*~

"What time is it?"

"SUMMER TIME!"

"Do we really have to watch all of the highschool musical movies instead of going to actual summer parties? "

"Yes Aiden. Get use to it." I said with a laugh.

"I still can't believe you also got accepted!"

"Gee thanks, you know you're talking to the valedictorian right?" I said casting him a look.

"No that's not what I meant. I'm just really happy."

"Nice save.." I said laughing.

"At least we have like the whole  summer, and then the rest of our lives."

"That's a lot of time now isn't it?"

"A lot of time I'm glad I'll be spending with you."

"When did you get all soft? " I asked laughing at his corniness.

"Only you Haley Willams would ruin a perfectly good moment."

~*~

Okay well here's the deal, I don't actually have anything to say in chapters anymore because it's so close to the end. I'm sorry for the short chapters, but I hope you still like the story! See you in the next chapter which will be the last before the epilogue!