13

By the time the date was over and Micheal dropped me off at my house and said bye I was a robot. The air was thick and I was at a loss of words. I had felt like anything I said would break him all night. I was so relieved when I was home and could finally breath.

"Sometimes I wonder what you are thinking. " My mom said coming to my side as I looked at her ,my eyes emotionless. Her light hearted joke didn't make me laugh instead it just made me more motionless. And then I just hugged her.

"Thank you." I said out loud in a soft voice.

"For what?'' She asked, I didn't answer as we stood like that for a while.

"It's nice to be able to come to you. Maybe something good did come out of my disorder. " I said letting go.

"Yeah I guess I do owe Carly for that. She did save you, I don't give that girl enough credit."

~*~

"Your date...how'd it go." Aiden asked me as we walked into the theatre room. Ms. Musket called rehearsals over the weekend every Saturday until the show, due to finals we have only one show. That basically means it has to be perfect,  only one shot for something that's a  whole year in the making.

"Haley? How'd it go?"

"Oh sorry I was just thinking.It went well, I told him that we shouldn't date anymore and he was okay with that. He told me he felt bad anyways because of our relationship and stuff. He told me about the favor. "

"So you know?"

"Yeah,  that was a really brave thing you did. You saved his life."

"I just told my parents."

"That's more than what others would do, something could have happened."

"Look Haley, I'm not a hero. I'm not the person people look up to or someone that people would point to and say 'I hope one day my child turns out to be  like that' I happened to hear something at the the right time. Tell me you would have done any differently."

"Your downplaying it. You have no idea how important it was to have you there for him. "

"I understand good and well about people and having a person there. I don't think you understand! I'm no hero!"

"Trust me I know a hero when I see one. Sometimes you may not think you did anything but imagine if you didn't save him, things could have ended horribly."

He muttered something and I walked with him into the building where the mood seemed to visibly drop. I smiled at Ms. Musket and took my seat by Aiden on a bench prop. We started the scence and although I knew all my lines I just wasn't feeling the scence. I heard people whispering and saying things that didn't seem to be nice.

One caught my attention. Two of the female stage hands were gossiping about me. In a stage whisper.

"Geesh what happened? They should kiss again that's the only way to save this scence."

"Why would he want to kiss her she's so fat."

I stared at my legs and then at my arms. I was quiet, my next line was coming up but I didn't feel like doing anything. I just stood there, completely zoned out. I didn't want to cry. Aiden walked over to me and held my arm, it was a stage direction but still you could see in his eyes concern.

"Romeo, Romeo I missed thou ." I said the lines in charector as well as I could. They were so ingrained that I didn't need to think about and my mouth just opened. You could hear my voice break.

"Juiliet, Juiliet you musten know how I missed you so. Our-" Aiden looked at my for a moment studying my expression. Then he turned to Ms. Musket, "Can we take a quick break?" He asked.