8

I'm not really into romance like Carly but when William Henry puts a note and chocolates in your locker you don't have to think twice.

Dance?
Yes
Maybe
No

Even though Aiden and I are no longer a couple it felt weird to just say yes to anybody for the dance.

"Hey Haley!" Micheal exclaimed, walking up in front of me.

"Hey."

"Do you have a date yet? For the dance.."

"No, I don't." I said nonchalantly grabbing a book out of my locker before looking back up at him.

"Would you maybe want to go with me?" He asked sticking his hands in his pockets with a side smile.

"Um weren't you going with Sarah?" I asked suspiciously, they had been dating for at least a year now.

"I thought so, but apparently if you don't actually ask your girlfriend ,then you aren't going with her. We broke up. She's planning on going to the dance with Aiden now."

Honestly who is that boy not going to the dance with?

"Oh. I'm sorry." I managed to say, which earned a nod from Micheal.

"Don't sweat it. So about the dance..."

"I'll need to think about. I hope you don't mind." I said quickly while glancing up at the large clock above one of the classrooms. I was for sure going to be late.

"Not at all. You take your time. You look like you've been getting a lot of these proposals." He said glancing at the note in my hand and then at my locker before walking away.

I glanced down at the note from William before looking at the disappearing figure of Micheal.

What is going on?

Why is basically every couple breaking up before the dance?

And then I saw Natalie.

Oh yeah and Aiden.

As in them together.

So I stopped thinking about the dance.

As one does.

And I bolted to the bathroom.

As one does.

And hid for awhile.

As one does.

~*~

"What the heck happened to you? "

"Nothing." I said responding to Carly over face time.

"Where were you at practice?" She said angrily.

"Setting up for set building for theatre. Speaking of that I need to get started painting now. Talk to you later." I said trying to end the call before she could get anything out of me.

"Okay but when you're done you better call me."

I quickly hung up and slipped my phone into my pocket.

I grabbed a large paint roller and some cream paint and went to town on the balcony.

I plugged in my headphones and went about listening to the 1989 deluxe album.

Heart break is the national anthem we sing it proudly...

And in that moment Aiden strolled in opening the loud auditorium doors humming to himself and smiling at some of the people as he walked in.