5

I exchanged a look with Aiden clearly stunned and uncomfortable.

"I'll leave you two alone then, we need to start auditioning other parts." Mrs. Musket said before turning to the rest of the class and resuming auditions.

I walked off the stage, Aiden following closely behind. I sat in the first row of the auditorium next to Aiden.

"So you're into theatre?" I asked breaking the silence between us.

"Not really, I just like watching plays and working backstage."

"Oh cool you know I- "

"Can we stop ignoring the elephant in the room?"

The fight?

"What? I didn't mean what I said back there about you. I was just annoyed and-"

"I wasn't taking about that, I really didn't think you meant that And I'm sorry too. I was talking about the kiss." He said in a hushed voice.

"What about it?"

"You can't tell me that it wasn't special.I felt it, different than any other kiss I'd ever shared with a girl. Wasn't it the same for you?"

"Well umm..I haven't exactly.."

"So I'm your first? What?! I'm so sorry!!"

"What? why?"

"It was a stage kiss and it was with me no strings attached and...I can't believe you let me steal your first kiss. I thought you and Jeffrey would have already kissed! " he said a little rushed and panicky.

It was cute, the way he ran his fingers threw his blond hair and wouldn't look me in the eye.

Shut up inner Haley.

"It's okay. Just like you said no strings attached so, I doubt that it actually counts. And Jeffrey is a strange boy that we don't need to talk about." I said reassuringly.

He muttered something under his breath too soft that I couldn't  hear it before Mrs.Musketet called the end of the auditions.
It was something along the lines of 'but Makayla and him are like always...'

And I'm glad I didn't hear the rest.

~*~

"Hey Juliet! Where art thou  Romeo?"

I rolled my eyes And turned to hug Carly.

"EEK! Can you believe I got the lead?" I said squishing her before leaving the cafeteria table.

"I wouldn't believe it if you didn't."

"I love you."

"I'm aware." She said smiling as I hit her arm. Sometimes that girl gets too cocky for her own good.

"Where's Romeo?"

"Over there." I said pointing to Aiden as he walked into our science room.

"He's suppose to be Romeo?" Carly spat out.

"Yes, and he's actually really talented." I said trying not to ramble about how perfect he was in auditions.

"Well it looks like someone's got a crush.."

"Who me?"

"Aiden Hartford, huh? The jerk that hit you in the nose?"

"Yeah, Well that changed. "

"Heard that one before."

"I thought we agreed not to speak of that."I said as my body tensed up.