14

I quickly wiped my eyes making my way back into the auditorium, we had to finish blocking Romeo and Juliet.

"Oh Haley?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you maybe want to go out later? I mean so that I can monitor you." Aiden asked sticking his hands in his pocket and shifting his weight in either side.

"Monitor me?"

"Yeah no relapsing right? " He said giving me a toothy grin.

"Okay sure. I'll just text my mom to let her know, that I'm grabbing  some food with you to do some lines . And to contact  the therapist. Well maybe not in that order. I don't want her to worry. But I really do want to keep away from relapsing. "

"You're handling this really well." 
"Well I do have experience,  and this time I'm going to make sure I don't lose anybody."

"You got this, stay strong."

"Sometimes I think I'm just a loose brick on a castle. I feel like I'm expected to be perfect and hold  everything in place  if I'm not the whole castle will collapse." 

"So you're like the cement ?"

"I guess?"

"That was a horrible attempt at a deep conversation, just saying." He said laughing a little.

"Gee thanks. Once a jerk always a jerk."

"You're still going out with me right? "

"Of course this is a sappy teenage romance movie. So the naive girl always goes with the jerk." I said rolling my eyes.

"That is not the part I'd play in a movie. I was thinking something like Prince charming or a star crossed lover."

"Well if we would hurry and go in you would be able to play one."

"Oh right, let's head back in."

~*~

"How's the chicken?"

"It's good, a little dry." I said as I munched on a leg. We were eating at a KFC.

"Yeah mine too."

"Well Aiden we are sharing the same meal." I said jokingly.

"I'm happy to see you eating. "

"I mean it's hard to keep eating but after overcoming it once I've realized a few things, like how to keep positive and force food down. It will take a lot more bricks to knock this castle down."
"Now your a castle? Gosh Haley pick, is it castle, cement, or brick? " He said angrily.

Why did I think that meant something else? Like I dont know, Aiden, Micheal, and Bryce? But I'm going to let that slide. Aiden has been extremely flirty lately. I silently sipped on my drink waiting for my wedges.
"You're not giving up right? You're not saying no?" I knew what he was talking about even with the vagueness.

"I'm not saying yes either." He nodded waiting a moment before continuing. 

"I know it didn't work the first time.  But this time it really does feel right, not on impulse."

"I know. I've felt it."

"So why can't there be an US right now? Why do we have to wait? "  He asked putting his elbows on the table and his face in this hands.

"Because I want to make sure it's not just the play fogging up our thoughts." I said taking a fire sauce packet and spreading it on my Famous Bowl.

"Fine. I'm counting down the days, the show is next week."

"I'm aware. I think it will be great!" I said picking up the mood.