Tears

//AN: I'm Sorry I couldn't wait, but anyways I'm gonna finish this book with two more chapters and then we can move on to the sequel that should be up on July 25th which was the original date set.

 Chat just about flew out the window as Marinette struggled to gather her bearings. "His mother?" She paced the floor anxiously before giving up on all thinking and transforming. She then ripped through the air by her yoyo, speeding towards Chat Noir. There he stood, confused and..crying? Marinette took a step towards him and rested a hand on his shoulder, "Hey.. What's going on..?" Her concerned voice hung in the air as he ripped himself away from her and averted his eyes to the rooftop below him. "They.. They took her... " The blonde mumbled.  As he watched Marinette step closer, he took another step away before pouncing off the building. Ladybug simply slid down the side of the building in attempt to comfort the crying boy. She wrapped her arms around him only to be pushed away. Chat ran off while leaving Marinette alone watching him run.

She ran towards him and gripped his wrist. "Adrien! We'll get her back! I promise!" He let her speak before ripping his hand away from her, "What do you know!?" He continued stepping away from her. "Just like how YOU know how to fix all the problems? Like how YOU fix everything?" he paused a moment and sighed, "THIS.. is MY job! It's my turn to fix everything, because I'm done being a sidekick!" And with that, the boy had disappeared into the shadows. 

Marinette felt hot tears pour down her cheeks as she simply turned and used her yoyo to get onto a nearby rooftop. And there, she began to sob as she released her transformation so she could have Tikki's advice at this trying time. 

She pulled her knees up to her chest as she cried into the sleeves of her blazer. "T-Tikki... W-what.." The girl trailed off as her voice wavered and she didn't have the strength to speak. The Kwami gently nuzzled up against Marinette's hair in attempt to console her. "Marinette... You need to help him.. Sure, he's mad at.. something, but he needs you. Whether he likes it or not." Marinette's sobs only got worse as she choked out her response, "He... h-h-he.. h-hates... me." Tikki sighed, "Marinette, just say it. He needs your help." Marinette looked over at the Kwami, "A-alright... Transform me." The kwami soon disappeared and a red spotted suit replaced the typical blazer and pink Capris.

She flew through the air using her yoyo to land on the top of the Eiffel Tower. With her vantage point she had a clear view of the city but she couldn't see any villains around. This baffled the girl as she examined the empty streets lit by streetlamps. She jumped when a familiar voice erupted from behind her, "M'lady, what are you doing out here?" Chats voice was damp with concern as he stepped towards her. She sniffled and wiped her eyes as she kept her eyes on the city. She felt his presence beside her and she turned, "W-what do you want?" As she went to push him away she noticed his eyes weren't the normal emerald green she'd always admired.  "Who are-" And everything went black.