Conversation

Marinette practically sprinted out of class when the bell rang, she needed some fresh air. She was on lunch break so she stepped across the street to the park where she sat on a bench with a sigh.

Adrien saw Marinette leave the school campus and ran after her, "Marinette!" He said with a small wave of his hand, "mind if I sit?" He asked sweetly with a grin. Marinette just nodded and scooted over enough for Adrien to sit down.

Adrien let out a soft sigh as he sat down on the bench. He turned to look at the girl beside him, her once beautifully blue eyes that were filled with happiness drained into a deep gray. "Chloe had no right to dig into your personal life."

Marinette jumped at the sudden voice and she nodded lightly. "Y-yeah.. I guess.. I just.." She trailed off and sighed, pulling her knees up to her chest. She rested her chin on her knees and let her hair fall in her face. "I just don't know what to do now.. He'll be mad I didn't keep it, or he'll think I don't like him enough. I mean of course I like him.. I mean.. I might even love him.. But loves a strong word.. But I do.." Her rambling filled Adrien's heart with joy and he smiled at her.
"Whatever it is, I'm sure he won't be mad at you."

Alya approached the two a few minutes later, "I see Marinette was finally able to make conversation!" She giggled lightly and Adrien could just tell Marinette was rolling her eyes under her beautiful, soft blue hair. Adrien chuckled and looked up at Alya. "It's a start" he mouthed and winked at the curious friend.