28: Stay with me

Beginne am Anfang

Aoren just remained smiling as Koumei looks at the queen in confusion. "Maa, maa, Yukiko. I was just about to brought that up." Aoren said before his expression turned serious as his gaze became somewhat intimidating.

"That is our main objective in coming here. No matter what they've become, they are still the people of the Northern unexplored regions, the Kingdom of Xue. Our kingdom is hiding a lot of things that is beyond your most extreme imagination so please hand all of them to us and we'll pay the price accordingly. There are still families waiting for their return."

The room was filled with tension and the soldiers from Kou armed themselves, pointing their spears at Yukiko and Aoren making the Seven Lords draw out their swords as well, ready to engange into battle if ever they try to harm their Prince and Queen. The silence was deafening until a chuckle was heard from Kouen.

"General Aoren Heiwa, you are indeed an intimidating fellow. But we won't hand them over so easily since slaves are an important part of our system." Kouen stated as he looks at Aoren.

"Then if we ally ourselves with the Kou Empire, will you liberate them from their current state?" Yukiko asked him as she stood up. That statement made the Seven Lords turn to her, surprised at her suggestion. "To unite the world one country at a time, our kingdom will be something of an important cornerstone to this dream of yours. Dangerous waters that can only be sailed through by our people, that's why Parthevia couldn't leave our country in the first place." She revealed to then.

"An unknown and unforgiving terrain waits for you there which has been mastered by us over centuries. Our country is full of household members and eight metal vessel users. Magic tools that rivals those of Magnostadt that we spent years as soon as the era of djiins and dugeons dawned."

Kouen looks at her, a smirk gracing his lips as she stoods there; dignified, convincing, and intimidating. Different from the one who was crying earlier looking fragile and weak. His interest in her just grew as he continues to listen at the marvelous job that she has done to regain and build her country once again.

"..but we still want to be an individual known as the Kingdom of Xue, our culture remaining untouched. You won't have any problem with it since it closely resemble yours."

"Now that is something of a different matter. You want to keep the Heiwa's bloodline alive, right? That means the legacy of the Heiwa family and the independence will remain if you do this; Prince Aoren Heiwa will marry a princess of the Kou Empire as the sign of bond between the two countries." Koumei interrupted as he holds onto his black feathered fan.

Aoren looked at Setsuna who was clearly against the idea of Aoren marrying someone from Kou. Even the Seven Lords are against the idea of marriage.

"Then I'll just be the one who'll marry into the empire. I'm the Queen of Xue. A powerful person of such a position, marrying to the empire will be a sign of power rather than a cheap thing you call a bond." Yukiko announced. "Leave my brother and I'll take responsibility for I am the queen. Why would you marry a princess to a prince who is not the one who rules the country?"

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"You're really something aren't you, Yukiko?" Kouen said when he felt her presence behind a shelf. The latter then appeared from the shadows and took a seat infron t of him. They returned to the library after such an intense dinner.

"The emperor is the one who'll decide my fiancé I see." Yukiko commented as she watches the dancing flame of the candle illuminating the room.

"It'll be one of you three. I just hope it's not Kouha for he is too young for me and that's just criminal." She looks at him and realize that he's staring at her. "What? Do you want it to be you?" She laughed a bit as she covers the lower half of her face with her sleeve.

"Yes."

He replied which just made Yukiko fall into silence. Kouen noticed the tips of her ears turning red which made him pull her towards him and discover that her face was flaring up.

"You finally realized it, didn't you?" He smirked as he holds her chin. "Don't you think that I should take responsibility for kissing the Queen of a country that came here on business? Wouldn't that be something disgraceful if people find out?" He kissed her cheek which just made Yukiko even more embarrassed.

"S-Shut up!" She covers her face as she calls him names which just made Kouen smirk as she tries to deny how embarrassed she is infront of him.

"Yare, yare..I have such an interesting fiancé. Let us enjoy learning about each other more. Stay with me, Yukiko and show me everything that the man from your past failed to see."

- - - - - ● • ● • ● • ● - - - - -

A/N:

I felt so embarrassed after rereading this chapter. Oh my god.