P O W E R T R I P

=Andrea McKnight=

"Andrea it's time to eat dinner!"my mother yelled.

I huffed and sat up on the bed and rubbed my eyes. I got up and walked into the bathroom to clean my face. I looked into the mirror to see that i had red, puffy eyes from earlier when my dad whooped me because I accidentally threw a rock at his car and it cracked a window.

I washed my face and opened the medicine cabinet and took out my eye drops and dropped 2 eye drop into both eyes. I closed it back up and putted it back inside of the cabinet and washed my hands. I closed the lights and walked out the bathroom. I walked downstairs and saw that my father was sitting on the couch, holding a bud light in one hand and the remote in the other. He was watching a old hockey game.

As soon as he felt my presence behind him he turned his head around.

"Hi papa,"he sucked his teeth while turning his attention back towards the tv."Betty come get the little bitch out my face,"

I turned my lip at him and walked into the kitchen."Hi mama,"she looked over at me and rolled her eyes.

"Go prepare the table and tell your dad that the food is ready,"I nodded and walked over to the cabinet and took out the cups and plates and silverwares and fixed them onto the table.

I walked out into the living room and tapped my dads shoulder."Aye lil bitch, don't 'chu put your hands on me,"I stepped back and looked down.

"I'm sorry,"he nodded with a mug on his face.

"You betta be. Anyways what the hell did you want?"I looked up at him.

"Mama wanted me to tell you that the food is ready,"

"Ok now get up out my face now,"I nodded and practically ran back to the dining room.

My mom already had the food on the table which was steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, and green beans. She sat down and I sat down also. My dad came in a couple of seconds later and sat down. We held hands together and my mom said grace. As soon as she finished I started eating.

"So David what did you do at work today?"my mom asked my dad.

He shook his head."one of my workers thought that it would be really funny to start a fight with me and ended up in the hospital. And I got suspended from work for only 5 days. It would've been longer but since I'm the best worker over there they made it short,"my mom nodded.

My dad worked as a construction worker and my mom worked at an office. My dad usually leaves around 9am and comes back around 11pm. My mom leaves around 9am also but comes back around 7pm.

My mom and dad kept chatting and I just minded my own business, just focusing on my plate of food."Andrea can you hand me the pitch of water?"I looked up.

"Yes sir,"I picked up the pitch of water and gave it to him. When I thought that he had a grip on it, I letted go and the water fell on him. He looked at his pants with his mouth agape and my both of my hands covered my mouth.

He stood up and closed his eyes while mumbling something. "I'm so so-,"i got cut off with a powerful slap sent across my face.

I looked up at my father with tears welding up in my eyes while holding the cheek that he slapped on with both hands and he looked down at me with red eyes, his nose was flaring in and out while his chest heaved up and down.

"Andrea get your clumsy ass outta here,"my mom snapped and I looked at her and she bucked her eyes at me as she went over to him and help him clean up.

I ran into my room and locked the door. I slid down the door and closed my eyes, feeling the cool tear run down my hot face. I buried my knees under my chest with my arms wrapped around them with my face buried into my knees and cried.

After awhile of crying my head started hurting and I got up and took a shower and got dressed in my same clothes that I wore today.

I didn't have a lot of clothes. So usually I would need to wear my dirty clothes over and over again till I washed my clothes.

My mother and father does not care nor like me at all and I don't know what I did for them not to like me.

I sighed and closed my eyes waiting for sleep to come and take me away.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

What do you guys think about he first chapter?

Keep or Delete?

Excuse any mistakes.

~Qveen_Nikkaa