New Beginnings

Leonard woke up early to watch his wife and baby sleep next to him. He spent the last couple of nights in Sickbay with his family just to be near them. Sara insisted on him going back to their room and getting a proper night's rest, but he wouldn't hear of it. He wanted to remain in close proximity to his family; he wasn't going to let them out of his sight. He was almost too scared to. He leaned down and brushed a light kiss to Laurel's forehead as she slept, and then Sara's forehead. A knock came at the door and Leonard got up from the bed to answer it. When the doors opened, he saw Kendra there. "Good morning."

"'Morning, Snart," Kendra replied. "I've brought breakfast for you, whenever you are ready to eat it." Kendra wheeled in a cart full of wonderfully looking and smelling breakfast items that made his mouth water.

"Thank you, Kendra. You didn't have to do this."

Kendra smiled at him. "No I didn't. But I wanted to. You have been here for the past couple of nights and I figured you were too tired to do anything."

As if on cue, Leonard stretched and yawned, getting the kinks out of his body so that it would function again. "Yeah I guess you could say that." Leonard picked up a sausage link and took a bite. "Mmmmmm. This is so good." Then he popped the rest of it in his mouth.

"Thanks," Kendra replied, smiling. "So what are your and Sara's plans? Are you going to go back to Central City? Star City? Are you going to buy a house?"

Leonard looked back at his sleeping wife. "I don't know yet. I guess we'll figure that out when the time comes."

"Well, Rip said that we could all go back home. So I guess the time would be now."

"I'll have to talk with Sara."

Kendra nodded. "Well, enjoy your breakfast."

"Thanks, Kendra." And then she left. Leonard went over to Sara and lightly shook her shoulder. "Sara." Sara whimpered slightly. "Honey, wake up." She slowly opened her eyes and smiled at him. "Good morning, beautiful. Kendra brought us breakfast a minute ago." 

Sara looked down at Laurel and smiled. Still asleep. She looked so peaceful, like there was nothing bad going on in the world. As Leonard brought her a plate of food for her and him to share, she reflected on the past few days, heck the past few months. So many things had happened, and even though everything didn't really go according to plan, especially with her being kidnapped, she knew that this moment was all worth it.

"Are you okay?" Leonard asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just want to live in this moment forever. That's all."

"I know how you feel." He picked up a slice of bacon and took a bite. Then he fed Sara the rest. "So Kendra brought up something that I think we should talk about."

"Yeah?"

"What would you think of settling down somewhere?"

"You mean like, leave the team, buy a house or apartment, you get a job, that kind of thing?" Sara asked.

"Well, Kendra said that Rip is letting everyone go home. The thing is, my home is with you. We just need a place to live."

"Well, a place to live would not be so hard to find. My dad had given me some of Laurel's things and one of them was a deed to the apartment she owned. She put it in my name before she died."

"Why would she think she would need to do that?"

"I don't know. She was thinking of leaving Oliver's team. Maybe she wanted it for me to have a place to stay in between missions."

"So, Star City, it is," Leonard remarked.

"I'm happy living anywhere. Just as long as it's with you." Leonard kissed her forehead, and continued to eat. When Laurel woke up, Sara guided her baby's mouth to one of her nipples and Laurel was content for the next ten minutes with her kind of breakfast.