Aftermath

"I can't believe we did it," Jax remarked.

"It's over," Rip said. He turned around to face his crew. "I want to thank you all for sticking by me through this whole ordeal. It has been my honor to serve as your captain."

"So does this mean we go home now?" Ray asked.

"Yes. Our work is finished. At least for now. If I ever need any one of you again, I'll know where to find you."

Leonard got up from his seat and helped Sara up out of hers. "Come on, let's get you to Sickbay. I want Gideon to take a look at you."

Sara nodded and just leaned on her husband for support. To be back in his arms again was the most amazing feeling she had felt in the last two months. She had gone through Hell when she was being held captive by the Time Masters. It would take a while to heal from it after what she had to suffer through. 

Back on the bridge, Rip was staring at the new Oculus device that was positioned in his office space. Ray had connected it to a control panel and Gideon was charging it, keeping it safe. Then an idea came into his head, and he activated the comm system. "Mr. Palmer. Can you please join me in my office please? There is something that I wish to speak with you about."

"On my way, Captain." A few minutes later Ray walked in. "What's up?"

"I wanted to talk to you about a proposition that may intrigue you." Rip sat down at the table and motioned for Ray to sit as well. "I have given this a lot of thought over the past couple of months during our planning to rescue Sara, and I have come to a decision. I have decided to take the new Oculus device, and watch over the timeline, myself."

"Wow. That's very ambitious of you."

"Well, the fact is that I don't have any family to turn to and I thought that this would be the best solution."

"That's a great idea, but what does this have to do with me?" Ray asked.

"I was thinking, that you would want to guard the timeline at my side."

Ray didn't speak for a whole minute. He just sat there, really dissecting Rip's words. "That is a noble task, and I'm flattered, but what kind of expertise do I have that would be of any use to you? You already have Gideon for a genius."

"Yes, Gideon is a genius, but she's not human. I need someone with me who can make human decisions, and to stop me from going insane."

Ray laughed. "Well, can I at least give it some thought?"

"Of course. We still have three days to get back to 2016. Think about it. This opportunity is once in a lifetime."

Ray nodded, got up from his chair, and walked out.

Leonard sat by Sara's bed in Sickbay, just watching her sleep. Gideon had given her something to help her sleep. Although, Leonard couldn't help but notice some hesitation on Sara's part to accept the medication that Gideon offered. It was when he took her hand and squeezed that she took the drug and she fell right asleep. He tossed it around in his head for a few minutes. She must have been extremely tired, but why wouldn't she be scared about being put to sleep like that? And then, it came to him. That had to have been how they were speeding up her pregnancy without her knowing. They must have given her something to "help her sleep" when all along, they were accelerating her pregnancy.

His heart cried out to hers, wishing that he'd gotten there sooner. He started to feel like this was his fault. If he hadn't lost her in the first place, none of this would have happened. Tears started to well up in his eyes for the first time in a long time as he leaned down and pressed a kiss to her swelled belly. "Forgive me," he whispered. 

"Mr. Snart, I have completed my diagnosis on your wife and I have come to a conclusion. Your daughter is perfectly fine and healthy, and Mrs. Snart's injuries to her face and her body are being healed very nicely," Gideon said.

"Thank you, Gideon," Leonard replied, and then it hit him. "What did you say? Daughter? It's a girl?"

"Yes, Mr. Snart. It is a girl."

Leonard smiled and then laughed. "Oh my God. A girl. Wow."

"Leonard?" Sara said, waking up. "Honey, what's going on?"

Leonard went to her side and took her hand. "Everything is okay, sweety. Everything is perfect." He kissed her hand. "I want my daughter to have your eyes. They're so beautiful."

Sara didn't understand at first, but then a few seconds later, tears formed in her eyes. "We're having a girl?"

Leonard nodded. "Yes, baby. It's a girl." Leonard swept his hand over his wife's belly and Sara met his hand with hers at the top. "This baby is our miracle, Sara Snart." Sara smiled even more. "I love you."

"I love you, too." And then he kissed her. "What shall we call her?"

Leonard looked deep into her eyes and knew right then what they should name their baby girl. "How about Laurel? Laurel Elizabeth Snart."

Sara pressed her hand to his cheek. "It's perfect. I love it." Leonard's smile faded and he turned his head away from her. "Honey, what is it?" He had a look on his face like something was bothering him. "Leonard. Tell me."

"Sara, if I hadn't lost you, maybe none..."

"No, stop. Stop it right now." She took his chin and turned his face back to her. "It is not your fault. Do you hear me?" Leonard shut his eyes and a tear fell down his cheek. "It's not your fault. You did the best you could, and I love you for it. There was no way that you could have known what the Time Masters were planning. There was no way you could have known that it was all a big setup. It just happened. Look at me." Leonard opened his eyes. "I love you. I'm safe now. You have to stop beating yourself up about this. I can see what it's doing to you and I don't like it. That is not the man that I fell in love with, the man I married. I'm safe now, and so is our baby." Leonard nodded. "I love you."

"God, I love you too." And then he kissed her. His kiss spoke of his undying love and adoration for the woman he loved. It spoke of how he would always protect her and their daughter. It spoke of how he would never leave her side, ever again. "Gideon, is Sara able to leave Sickbay? Can she go back to our room?" Leonard asked after pulling back from the kiss.

"Of course, Mr. Snart. Get some rest, Mrs. Snart," Gideon replied.

And then Leonard and Sara left to get some rest in their own room.

Some time during the night, Sara woke up from a dream. She put her hand to her forehead and she felt sweat. She was completely drenched. She got up from the bed to get a hand towel on her desk, but not before she saw a huge wet mark on the bed. That could only mean one thing. "Oh my God," she breathed. She reached over to shake Leonard's arm. "Leonard," she said. He didn't stir. Poor thing must have lost a lot of sleep, looking for her. Well, he was about to lose even more sleep because this was important. "Honey, wake up."

"Hmm? What is it, Sara?" Leonard said, groggily.

"We need to get to Sickbay."

"Are you okay?" He asked, waking up a bit more.

"I'm fine. It's just...uh...I think my water broke."

***I loved writing this part. I just love writing for these two characters! Let me know what you all think! And stay tuned for the next part!***