Popping the Question

Two weeks later, everything seemed really normal on the Waverider. After that incident with Leonard and the Time Masters, they had to go into hiding again until they knew for sure that it was safe. And ever since then, things were great. 

Leonard and Sara were inseparable. They were sparring on a daily basis. Leonard had improved much since the first go around because he was able to drop her first within a few minutes. Sara was usually the one to drop him first and she'd pin him to the floor until he begged for mercy. It was all fun and games really when they were fighting, but he was happy that he was learning from the best. 

One night, Sara went to bed early, alone, and Leonard was tossing around an idea in his head that wouldn't quit. He had to do this or else he would go insane. But he had to do it right. He got up from his bed and searched for Rip on the bridge. "Rip, I need to talk to you."

"What's on your mind?"

"Well, I was wondering. How long did you date your wife before you proposed to her? Leonard asked.

Rip's eyebrows furrowed. "What's this really about, Mr. Snart?"

"Just answer the question."

"The thing about Miranda was that she was very special. From the moment I first met her, it was love. We secretly dated because the Time Masters didn't approve of marriage, and we kept that charade up for about a month. Then they found out. I thought that my world was going to end because obviously, we would have to stop seeing each other. But then things worked out and we were married about another month later."

Leonard smiled. "So it was about two months?"

Rip sighed. "What are you getting at?" And then it hit him. "Are you planning on proposing to Sara?"

"Shhhh! I don't want anyone to hear." Leonard sighed. "Yes."

"Oh my God," Rip said. "That's fantastic! When are you going to do it? Where?"

"I don't know. I was hoping that you would have some ideas. And maybe one of them would point me in the direction of how to obtain a ring?"

"I think Gideon can whip something up," Rip replied.

"Okay. All I need is a place. The when will be shortly after Gideon makes the ring."

Rip went to the console and searched any type of romantic place in the world that Sara might like. "What about this one?" 

Leonard watched as Rip pulled up Rockefeller Center at Christmas time. The trees were lit with lights, surrounded by statues of angels, and the snow was lightly falling. It was perfect. Sara would love it. "It's perfect."

"Did you want to take the jump ship? We need to keep the Waverider here."

"Yeah that should be just fine," Leonard replied. "What about the ring? Do you have different styles on here that I could choose from that Gideon could make?"

"Ahh, yes." Rip did his magic and he pulled up several styles of engagement rings. "Being on a time ship, you don't do a whole lot of shopping. That's why we have Gideon."

Leonard searched through the rings. They were all beautiful, but he was looking for the perfect one. And then he saw it. "That one." It was perfect. It looked like a yin and yang symbol with the diamond in the middle. And that's what Sara was. There was a bit of both in her: some yin and some yang. Although she had a dark side about her, even though she thought differently, there was a lighter side to her. But she wouldn't be the woman he loved if she didn't have both. "Yep, this is the one."

"It's beautiful. Good eye," Rip remarked.

"Well, I did used to be a thief. It's only natural that I would have a keen eye for something like this."