Going Under Cover

***Yeah I know it's technically Rip she's dancing with, but pretend it's Snart***

Leonard slowly opened his eyes. He looked down and saw that Sara was still there wrapped in his arms. He lightly caressed her hand that was resting on his chest and just watched her sleep for a minute. Damn, she was beautiful. He didn't know how he had come so lucky to be hers and she his. It didn't make any sense with them being together, but then again, it made all the sense in the world. They were a perfect match, and he knew it. She slept so peacefully in his arms that she had not moved an inch since last night after their little escapade. He made a promise to himself right there in that moment that he would never take anything else for granted when it came to her. He would be patient, and loving. If he was going to live up to this hero business, he had to make good on it.

Sara stirred in Leonard's arms and opened her eyes to see the man she knew she loved. "Good morning," she said.

"Good morning," Leonard replied. "I have been watching you sleep. You seem at peace every night now."

"Well, that's because you sleep with me, and I know that I am safe," Sara said. 

Leonard leaned down and pressed his lips to hers gently. It was something that was becoming sort of a ritual when they woke up together in the same bed. And it was something that they both loved doing. "So I have to tell you something."

"Okay?" Sara said, pressing her elbow to her pillow and leaning her head on her hand.

"I haven't told you everything that happened to me in that other world I was trapped in. When I first woke up in that world, I was actually here on the ship. I looked around and didn't see anybody. I was completely alone. Until someone showed up when I entered the bridge again. It was my father." Sara's eyes widened. "Well, it wasn't really my father. It was actually me, just taking the form of my father."

"I don't understand," Sara said.

Leonard sighed. "What he really was, was my criminal side. He was a version of me. He was just taking the shape of my father to influence me. Does that make sense?"

"I think I'm getting it now," Sara replied.

"Good," Leonard said. "I guess you might say that he tried to seduce me to the dark side, but something in me kept saying that it was time for me to change. And that's when the hero side of me showed up."

"Who took on the form of your hero side?" She asked, appalled at how this made any sense.

"Guess," Leonard challenged.

"Is it someone on the ship?" Leonard nodded. "Hmm, is it someone close to you?" Sara asked.

"Very close," Leonard replied flirtatiously.

"Hmmm, this is tricky," Sara said, smiling.

"If you won't guess, I'm just going to tell you," Leonard said.

"I got it. It was Rip," Sara said. When Leonard started tickling her, she laughed. "Okay, okay. Was it me?"

Leonard smiled. "Yes. It was you." He cupped her cheek. "The image of you helped me choose to be a hero. It was your voice telling me that I deserved to be the best version of me. To be happy. To be a hero."

Sara placed her hand over his that was on her face in comfort for him. "I'm happy that you made that decision, Leonard." She looked down at his lips, wanting to kiss him. "God, I love you!" she exclaimed, and then she kissed him.

"Everyone, I need you all to report to the bridge at once. I think Gideon and I might have found something," Rip announced over the comm system.

Leonard and Sara separated from each other and they both sighed. "One day, Sara. We'll have the time that we need alone together. I promise."