I Love You

Sara's face turned completely blank. Did he just say what she think she heard him say?  She got up from her position on top of Leonard and looked down at him still lying on the floor. "What did you just say?"

"You heard me," Leonard replied. "Sara, if it freaks you out that much, then tell me."

"I...." Sara tried to speak, but she didn't know what to say at all.

Getting up off the floor, he stood before her and placed his hands on her waist. "I mean it. No one has ever affected me the way that you do before, and I need you to know the truth of how I really feel."

Sara took a step back, away from his wonderful hands at her waist. "Umm...I gotta go," she said. She needed retreat.

"Sara," Leonard said, making an attempt to stop her, but she moved her arm out of his reach.

"I...I'll see you later," Sara said.

As soon as she left, Leonard took a three pound weight and threw it across the room in anger. Why did he have to say that? It was like he didn't have any control of what he had said in that moment. He couldn't help himself. He needed her to know, but if he knew that she would react that way, he wouldn't have said it. He would have waited. Yet, that was the only thing he could do now. Wait. He had to wait until she was ready to accept what he had said, and hopefully she would feel the same way.

Sara was walking down an empty hallway when she realized that she was approaching Kendra's room. Without hesitation, she went into her room and sat down on the bed. 

Kendra was reading a book when she realized that Sara had joined her. "Hey, Sara. What's up? I thought that you would be with Snart right now."

"I was, but something happened that kind of scared me a little," Sara replied.

"What happened?" Kendra asked.

"We were sparring. Having fun," Sara said. Kendra nodded for her to continue. "He pinned me to the floor and tried to kiss me, but I surprised him and flipped him over and pinned him instead. Then I kissed him. As I was smiling down at him, he told me that he loved me." Kendra smiled. "I didn't know what to do or say, so I panicked. I left before I said something so stupid that I would have regretted later." Kendra took Sara's hand and squeezed in comfort. "Was it wrong what I did? I mean, we have just barely started dating. I do care about him, but I don't know if I love him, yet."

"Sara. Listen to me," Kendra said. "You have been through a lot where that man is concerned. You lost him and got him back all within a week. I'm sure he can't blame you for hesitating when it comes to matters of the heart." Sara sighed. "The thing is, you two are inseparable now. You are spending every minute that you can together, and I think that's great. You two are growing closer than ever. And even before he died, you cannot deny that there was a strong connection between the two of you." Sara smiled in nostalgia. "I may have been part of what made you reach your humanity when you fought others by sparring with me, but Leonard could do things that even I couldn't. He helped you see that there was more to life than just what was right in front of you. You told me that he was the one that told you not to kill Stein when you all were trying to break him, Mick, and Ray out of that Russian prison. He helped you see that redemption was possible."

"I know," Sara said.

"And then, Sara, you helped him see things too," Kendra continued. "When Mick had betrayed us and come back as Kronos, you told him that the only way to reach Mick was that if Snart were to talk to him. None of us were getting through to Mick. It was you that influenced Snart to work things out with his own partner because in the end, Snart still cared about Mick. He was just too proud to admit it. You are about the only one on this ship that can talk some real sense into that man. Mick can only just piss him off even more. In a way, you are Beauty to his Beast." Sara laughed. "Don't laugh. I love that movie. But it's true. Deep down, he is a great guy, and you know it. He's a hero now, because of you. And you do love him. I know you do, or else, you would not have reacted the way you did when we all thought he was dead. You would not have risked everything to try and bring him back from that weird dimension that he was in. You would not want him at your side every minute of every day. I know you lost your sister and you are still grieving, but you deserve to be happy. Laurel would want that for you. We all do."