The Dream

"How can I get back?" Leonard asked Sara.

"I need to channel you into creating a boundary around this room," Sara replied. "Then you think of the one person you want to contact and they have to figure out a way to get you back from their side. Unfortunately, there is no way out from this side. Even I do not have the power to send you home. But what I can give you is the chance to contact someone who you know will hear you and they'll bring you back."

"Alright, let's get this show on the road," Leonard said.

"Do you know who you are going to contact?" Sara asked. "And are you sure they'll hear you? It's only one shot you have."

"She'll hear me," Leonard replied confidently.

"Alright, here we go." Sara placed her hand on Leonard's chest and began. 

Within a few seconds, there was an energy force that expanded from Sara's body to the edges of the bridge. He started thinking of Sara. The day he met her, when they were trapped in the engine room, when she kissed him, and then he started focusing on detail about her only. The shape of her body, the contours of her face, her eyes, her smile, and her golden blonde hair. 

"Good, you're doing great. Now, try calling for her name," Sara said.

"Sara?" Leonard called. No reply. "Sara, it's me, Leonard. Can you hear me? Please I need you to hear me." Suddenly, the whole room was changing. It was going from being the Waverider's bridge to an open field. It was beautiful. The sun was shining, the breeze was calm, and there was not a cloud in the sky. "Where are we?" he asked. No response from his hero side. She wasn't there. He turned around and saw a couple sitting on a blanket, obviously having a picnic. As he got closer, he realized it was Sara and another man. Had she moved on already? He looked closer. Oh my God, it was him. She was having a picnic with him. Another version of him, obviously. This is going to be awkward. "Sara?" 

Sara turned her head to face him. "Leonard?" She looked back and forth between the two versions of the man she loved and suddenly became so confused. "What's going on? How are there two of you here? That's never happened before."

"What do you mean?" Leonard asked.

"We'll I know I'm dreaming, but two of you have never been here at the same time," Sara replied. "That's interesting."

A dream? That was why she wasn't responding. Her subconscious could hear him and the scenery just changed so that he could contact her. He came to her in a dream. It put a smile on his face to know that she was dreaming about him. His other self seemed to had frozen in time. "Yes, I have come to you in your dream to tell you that I am still alive," he said.

Sara got up from her spot on the blanket and rushed over to him. "What did you just say? Alive? How?"

"Well, not really alive. I'm...it's hard to...okay. After the Oculus was destroyed, I was sent to a different dimension that was not even a place that any scientist can study. In this dimension, I am trapped. I have a chance to go back, but I need your help."

"How do I know that it's really you?" Sara asked.

"Maybe this will help," Leonard said, and he took her face into his hands and kissed her. With all of the passion he could muster, he sent her into a state complete bliss. Pulling back from her, he smiled. "Is that good enough for you?"

"I think so," Sara replied, smiling. "I'd know that kiss anywhere." She blushed. "How can we get you out?"

"I don't know exactly. I was instructed to tell you to figure out a way and there is no possible way out from this end," Leonard said.

"Instructed? What do you mean, instructed?" Sara asked. "Is there someone there in that dimension with you?"

"It'll take too long to explain. Just trust me on this one." Leonard said. "Anyways, get the team involved. You'll need all the manpower you can get. I'm sure Mick is missing me pretty bad as well." 

"He's managing," she replied. "We all are trying to manage, but it's just not working out so well."

"Well, I'm here now," Leonard said, brushing the back of his hand against her cheek. "So let's get started."

Sara grabbed Leonard's arm right before he turned around to disappear. When he was waiting for her to do something, she wrapped her arms around his neck, and he immediately wrapped his arms around her waist. "I've missed you...so much." Then the tears started falling. She needed him to know how she'd been doing for the last few days. "It has been really hard without you. I see memories of you everywhere. I can't eat, I can't think, I can't concentrate. The only thing that keeps me going lately is sleep. Because when I sleep, I see you. It's my favorite part of my life right now." Her voice broke. "I know I should wake up right now and work on getting you out, but I need to tell you something." Leonard nodded. "When you died, I felt as though my life had little meaning. It was like my world was ending, yet time went on. There is a lot to tell you about what has happened the last few days, so I'll just wait to tell you in person." Sara took Leonard's face into her hands. "We will get you out, Leonard. I promise." 

"I know you will, Sara," Leonard replied. "I can only imagine what you have been through recently, but listen to me. I'm here now. I'm coming back. You won't have to be alone anymore. I'll come back and then we'll be together again. We'll start on our future together. I promise you that." With that, he took Sara into his arms and kissed her once more before he disappeared.

In one second, Sara sat up in bed from that precious dream she just had. Had she really talked with Leonard? It seemed too good to be true! For thirty seconds, she contemplated whether or not it was real, but then came to question herself. What had she got to lose if this wasn't real? She knew then in that moment that she had to try and get him back. She pulled away her blanket and went in search of the rest of the crew. She found that they were all trading different war stories on the bridge when she interrupted them suddenly. "Guys, Leonard's alive!"

Mick intervened. "Sara. You're just still upset. This will pass, I promise."

"No," Sara said. "I'm telling you, he's alive. I just had a dream about him. He was there in my dream."

"How is that possible?" Rip asked.

"I don't know, but it happened," Sara replied. "And I'm not waiting around for it to happen again when we can do something to help him, NOW!"

There was silence for a few moments. "What do you suggest, Sara?" Stein asked.

"We have work to do," Sara said. "Gideon, show me a list of possible people who can contact other worlds or dimensions."

"Miss Lance, the list is far too short, and I do not know if any of them will be able to help Mr. Snart," Gideon replied.

"Gideon, just do it," Rip said. "I think Sara's onto something."

"Hang on, Leonard," Sara whispered. "We're coming for you."

***Sooooooooooo, what do you all think? I loved writing this part! I added in a bit at the end that was originally supposed to go in there and I just forgot to put it in. Sorry, I am a mess... lol I promise that there is more to come, so stay tuned! Please comment!!***