I'm Pregnant

Sara slowly opened her eyes. She was splayed across Leonard's chest like she always was when she woke up every morning. His right arm was wrapped around her waist and resting on her back, while his left hand held hers resting on his chest. Three wonderful weeks had gone by since their wedding, and they were stronger than ever. She never knew that she could love someone this much. It was overwhelming at times, the love she felt for him. He was amazing.

"You're going to stare a hole through my head, baby," Leonard said.

Sara smiled. "How do you always know that I'm staring?" 

"Well, sweetheart, sometimes you can sense someone staring at you while you're sleeping. You're a trained assassin. You should know that."

"Yeah, but you're only a thief," Sara retorted.

"I stole your heart, didn't I?" He lifted her hand and kissed it.

Sara smiled. "Yes, you did. Entirely and completely claimed it for your own."

"You better believe it."

Sara looked down at her husband's chest and noticed a mark that was barely visible. She ran her finger over it, and suddenly Leonard caught her hand. "What's that from?"

"It's from my childhood. Fortunately, it is the only scar I have from my father's...lessons he tried to teach me."

"What happened?"

Leonard sighed. "Let's just say that he wanted me to be tougher, but I was still too young to understand what his version of tough meant." 

Sara sighed and then kissed his scar. She knew he hated talking about his childhood when Lewis was abusive. She winced at the thought of him being hurt by his father, and he was helpless to defend himself. She then was grateful that Leonard had taken matters into his own hands and had killed him. His sister had been put in danger because of Lewis, and enough was enough. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

"Hey. It happened a long time ago. It doesn't hurt anymore. Okay?" He leaned over and kissed her. 

"Okay." Sara took a deep breath. "How about some breakfast?"

"Oh, I got it taken care of." And as if by cue, there was a knock at the door. "Hang on a second." Leonard got up from the bed and walked to the door and opened it to see Professor Stein with a tray of breakfast.

"Good morning, lovebirds."

"'Morning," Leonard replied. He took the tray and set it on the bed.

"Rip wants us to be on the bridge in about an hour," Stein said, acknowledging Sara as well.

"We'll be there," Leonard replied. "And thanks for making breakfast."

"My pleasure. Well, see you then I suppose." And then Stein left.

Leonard came and sat down with his wife on the bed and they spent the next hour eating and talking about the future.

After the meeting with Rip on how to plan for their next attack of the Time Masters, Sara was feeling a little faint. She didn't know why. She was eating fine...actually more than fine. She was hydrated all the time. Heck, she had to be with being Leonard's wife and the activities that they get themselves involved with in their room (wink wink). She smiled and blushed. But this was different. Then she thought back to how she knew she was eating fine. She realized that she was creating a habit of taking extra portions of whatever was being served. She had been extra hungry for the past few days. And feeling faint was another symptom. 

A wave of panic swept over her. She started making her way to Sickbay. When she saw Leonard walking in her direction, she almost wanted to disappear.