4th of July // Avi

Yes the song has shitty quality, deal with it.

July 4th, 2015

Y/N's POV

I sat with my legs crossed waiting for my boyfriend Avi, to finish get ready. We were heading out to meet our friends at the beach. I was most excited about seeing my best friends Kirstie, and Mitch. "Avi!" I called out. I watched him come in from the kitchen. "Yes?" He asked, as I giggled. "Are you almost done?" I asked. "Almost." He said, grabbing a rubber band, pulling his hair into a bun. "There." He stated. "Do we have everything?" I asked him. "Yes, I have the blankets, sparklers, marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers. Scott and Mitch are bringing the alcohol, and Kirstie and Jeremy are bringing the hot dogs." "Alright."

-()<>-()<>-()-

As we arrived at the beach, I saw four different cars parked close to the sand. I instantly recognized them.
"Y/N!" I heard two familiar voices squeal. I turned around to see a blonde girl, and a skinny brunette boy. I opened my arms for a hug, only to be tackled into the sand.

I felt strong arms pull me up, into a hug. I instantly knew they belonged to Kevin. "Hey, Kev." I said. "Hey, n/n." He laughed, and let go of me. I ran over to Jeremy and Scott, to be pulled into big hugs. I ran over to Avi, to help him set up.

Time Skip

As we sat around the campfire, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. We started singing, the star spangled banner.
(Play that song up there⬆️)

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

As we were eating s'mores, Avi had some all over his beard, I giggled at him and kissed his sticky cheek. "I love you."
"I love you too."

-----------

As we walked back to car, fireworks bursts above us. We ran to the trunk of our car, and cuddled up in to the blankets, as I layed my head onto his chest.

"Hey, Y/N. I have some thing to ask you." I looked up at him, smiling as he took out a ring. I gasped as he said the words I've been waiting to hear for a while. "Will you Marry Me?"

"Yes!"

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. Fireworks shot above us, as we passionately, kissed. I grabbed the sparklers, taking out two, handing one to Avi and keeping one for myself.

"I love you."

"Love you more."

He said as we presses our foreheads against each other, our sparklers forming a heart.
This was the man, I was going to spend the rest of my life with.