Chapter 21

OMG!!!! GUESS WHAT?!?!? JOSHUA STILL LIKES ME!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDD I dunno if we'll go out again, but...yeah. So, I'm gonna start writin' now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sneak into the front door soundlessly. I let a sigh of relief out of my swollen lips. Joshua and I kissed for twenty minutes straight. And I almost died when we took a shower together. I think I was drooling, but he probably thought it was just water.

The house is dark and silent. I listen for a moment. It's 10:00 at night. I seem to be the only one awake.

"Erica." I jump when I hear my name. I turn around to see my red-faced father and my teary-eyed mother. I can sense there anger right away, and my heart plummets.

"Um...yeah?"

"Where were you?" My father says angrily . Both my parents stand perfectly still, next to each other, glaring at me from across the kitchen.

"Oh. I went to a friend's house." I stare back, keeping my voice empty. They aren't part of my life. They have always been exempt from it. Now they can't just jump back in and act all protective.

"We called all your friends, and they said they had no clue as to where you were." I practically roll my eyes. Why do they even pretend to care?

Darn it! I'm definitely in for the dog house now. "Ok. I was out on a date." I lean against the counter casually. They aren't going to punish me or anything. They are just going to yell and act like normal parents.

"Did you ever think to call and tell us? We wouldn't have gotten mad." My mom sounds upset and concerned. She almost has me convinced.

"Well, I thought you would get mad. I mean, you are now, but..." I trail off.

"Alright. I'm not going to argue with you. You're grounded for two weeks." My mouth almost drops open. They rarely punish me! Anger begins to boil deep inside me. They have in right to do this.

I push down my emotions. "One for lying, and one for sneaking out?" I clarify.

"Yup." Dad's voice is still cold.

"Ok. But why is Mom crying?"

"Oh, um, there's really no other way to say this. Luke was in a car accident on his way to his girlfriend's house." My eyes widen at the statement. Suddenly all my anger vanishes. So that's why they were so mad at me for leaving.

This can't be happening.

Luke was in a car crash. To Jayda's house. I thought she was going to come over here! He isn't...he didn't.....

"But he's ok, right?"

"Not exactly. He was hit on both sides, so he was kind of crushed. He's ok, but he's got a lot of broken bones. His brain was also damaged, too. He didn't lose any of his memory, though. He might just be a little...different." Mom starts crying again, and turns away.

I kept my face straight as I turned around and walked out the door. I got into my Mustang, and drove to the local hospital. I put all emotions from my mind and just drove.

Its my fault, isn't is? I'm the one who told him to invite Jayda.

Once I was there, I get out of my car, of course slamming the door, and went in. I went up to the desk, and there was a guy typing away on a computer.

"Excuse me." I say. The nerves start to get to me. How is he going to be changed? What if I lost forever the Luke I have always known?

He looks up and smirks. Jesus Christ! Are all the guys here perverted jerks?! Yeah. The guy hasn't said a word yet I know he's a jerk.