Chapter 1

Ok, so, I'm making another book. I don't care how many reads or comments I get. Its just so frustrating knowing I can't get any type of help from my readers. So, I will just type. I will rarely write author's notes, so don't expect anything big. Enjoy or don't. 

Note from the Editor: Hello everyone! I am @AudreyPolaris but you can call me Audrey! Well, @flyingbrownies and I became friends and she asked me to edit this story for her, and here it is! I'm going chapter by chapter, taking my time... I may go back and make more changes as I go, consider this an unfinished book. I hope you all like it! Vote and comment and follow the author, she deserves it. And you could do the same for me... Love and SOOO many grammar mistakes, Audrey!

==================================

ERICA'S P.O.V.

One word. School.

Another word. Prison.

School is worse then prison actually. Maybe I can't say that, due to the fact that I've never even been to prison, but I imagine it's not as bad as this educational hellhole. But, anyways, I am what they call Erica Flynn. Of course Erica is just a nickname. I'll tell you my real one in due time.

There was this boy, Joshua. When I moved from Virginia to California, I left him behind. Well, I'm not supposed to care... he's my ex. I could never put into words what he meant to me, but here's an idea- he was smart, sweet, kind, and cute.

Then came Justine, the girl who was supposed to be my friend. She stepped in, and Joshua was swept up in her charms, leaving me in the dust.

But, to catch you up to speed, today is just another mundane day at school. I get the best grades in class, so I just listen to music on my iPod all day. When the teachers call on me in class when they see me not paying attention, I just glance at the board, review the lesson in my head at lighting speed, and answer their dumb questions. Then, they widen their eyes and look away embarrassed while I smirk at them.

Well, my teachers in elementary school said once I get straight A's in their classes, I didn't have to pay attention anymore. So, I'm taking advantage of that statement. I'm sure that's not what they meant, but who cares?

People tend to view me as depressed. I guess I am. I just haven't been the same since I left Joshua. I know its pathetic, but I still love him. So much. I've tried dating other guys, but I just don't feel the same spark. I started thinking that maybe he didn't like me anymore sense I was ugly.

Back in elementary school, I wore braids and had pimples from the grease. So, by middle school, I had changed my look. I got whole different wardrobe, flat ironed my dark redish brown hair, and hung out with a different crowd. And I also lost some weight. I always thought that I had to much body fat, so I took the Special K Challenge and the fat "magically" melted off. Ah, the wonders of dieting.

As I progressed in middle school, I became popular. Only because I was pretty, though. I don't mind. I'm not one of those fake plastic show offs.

The bell rung and I am snapped out of my thoughts. Class was over. I gathered all my books and such, and went to the door to collect my stupid homework. The teacher gave me a weird look, and I gave her one back as if to say 'challenge me.' But she looked away quickly, muttering to herself. I smile to myself with disdain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunch. YES!!! Even though I'm skinnier now, I still do love to eat.

Today was Pizza Wednesday. I plopped two shimmering greasy slices onto my plate, along with sweet corn, a hunk of warm soft chewy bread, and thickly frosted chocolate cake. I also grabbed a bottle of strawberry flavored sparkling water.

I sat down at the pops table where some cheerleaders and football players ate.

My best friends Christian and Maxine were there. Just to let you know, Maxine is a BOY! They're both football players, too. I gave them girly nicknames. Christian is Chrissy and Maxine is Maxy. Maxy is my kitty. He's sorta like a neko. Half human/half cat. So adorable.

Christian has long brown hair, brown eyes, and glasses. Maxy has black hair and dullish gray eyes that have this twinkle in them. He is gay. But I love him and Chrissy for who they are. And plus, they really get me.

"Hey there stranger," they both chorused. Sometimes I swear that they're twins.

"Wassup fellow people of earth?" I answered, smiling cockily.

They both laughed. I stuck my tongue out at them.

"Woah. How many people are you eating for?" Maxy asked, raising his eyebrows and grinning at me.

I pretended to count on my fingers.

"Just one! And don't tell me that I'm eating a shit load of food. I mean, look at your tray! You could feed a whole fucking army for pete's sake!!!" And with that, I dug in.

I was finished in a about 25 minutes.

"New record," Chrissy called.

"Awesome sauce!!! I gotta get going. Mr. Colton wants me to do a favor for him."

Out of all my teachers, Mr, C was the COOLEST one. I actually payed attention in his class....mostly. He is pretty cute, though. Blue eyes, red hair. And he's funny.

"See ya" They said in unison. I'll never get used to that.

I shook my head a bit while smiling and raced off to Mr. C's class.

As I was on my way, I popped in my ear buds and checked my messages on Facebook.

Ever since me and Joshua broke up, me and his twin brother Jacob have become besties. Don't ask me how. It just.....happened. Even though he lives in Virginia, we talk online.

I saw a message from him. He had asked how I was, so I replied with the casual 'kewl, and you?' Very classy. Wink, wink.

I was at Mr. C's classroom by now. I stuffed my ear buds into my pocket, just in case. Then I knocked and walked in.

"Erica! One of my favorite students!"

I blushed a little and gave a small smile, trying to hide my inward smugness.

"Hey Mr. C. What can I do ya for?" I keep my voice casual.

"Well, there are two new students. One is coming a day earlier than the other, though. So, I was hoping you could show them around. The first one should be here any minute now..."

"Okie dokie!" I replied back cheerfully. "Always happy to help!"

Right after I finished my statement, the new kid walked in.

Something clicked inside of me, just a hint of recognition.

I went up to him slowly, time slowing patiently, waiting for me to come to realization. My hands travelled up to his face and began massaging and feeling around. I closed my eyes, seeing with my hands.

He gave me the funniest look when I opened my eyes. It was even funnier the way I was molding his face.

The only word out of my mouth was a weak and trembling, "Jacob?"