Chapter Fifteen

"We're all kissed by angels but some of us never think to pucker."

- Terri Guillements

Dean

"You want me to what?" I asked Ben. He looked annoyed as he walked over to Lia.

"You need to fight her." Ben said and smiled.

I looked at Lia. She looked surprised too, but smiled and said, "What? Are you afraid I'm going to kick your ass?"

I grinned, "I didn't want to fight you, because I was afraid I would hurt you, but maybe I can beat that ego out of you."

"We're on your side, Princess." James yelled from the side lines. I realised that everyone was gathered outside to watching us fight.

This was going to be easy. I've known Lia's fighting style all my life. She provoke's her opponent to see what drives them and then she pulls that aspect out of them, taking the win.

I smiled and said, "I'm not going to go easy on you, Lia."

Lia nodded, "That's what I'm counting on."

She mocked a punch to my right, catching me off guard and swung a real punch to my left, driving her fist into my stomach. She quickly jumped back, avoiding my kick that would have knocked her down.

I kicked again, and Lia had to block it with both arms. I used the opportunity to drive my fist into her side.

Payback.

She smiled as she recovered and readied herself.

I jumped up and held my fist to lunge at her. She acted quickly, stepping aside and grabbing my elbow as I passed her, then pushed me to the ground. She bent my elbow behind my back and sat on me, just above my wings.

"I see what you're doing." I said and I could hear the smile in my voice. I lifted my wings and pushed myself off the ground. Lia gasped as she fell backwards and landed on her butt. I swiftly turned around and planned to jump on her and hold her down, but she was already up. She was already too close and I couldn't stop her. Her fist made contact with my cheek and her other hand forced my body down and into her knee. She then pulled her leg back and extended it, driving her heel into my side. I knew what would have happened next: she would have jumped on me, probably holding my wings down too, but I wouldn't let that happen. I leapt into the air and hovered there, letting my body rest as my wings held me up just a few feet above the ground.

Lia grinned. She ran to me and dodged one of my mid- air kicks. She grabbed one of my wings as it was going down and she twisted, pulling me to the ground and when I was close to her she jumped up and kicked me with both legs, releasing my wing. I gasped in pain as I hit a tree. Lia darted to me, and I tried to lift myself again, but my wing was injured.

She threw a punch at my face, but I blocked it with both arms, so she threw a second one into my nose. I felt blood trickle down into my mouth.

I jumped up and kicked Lia in the stomach, momentarily dazing her.

She's fighting at a whole different level. If I didn't end this now, I would have lost to her.

I drove my fist into her nose as she was dazed and quickly ran to her exposed back. I used my uninjured wing to send a rush of air toward her body, causing her to fall. I jumped on her back and held her arms down with my hands. I dug my knees into her legs, preventing any surprising kicks.