Chapter Twelve

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."

- Alexander Pope

Dean

She looked at me like I was a stranger.

Why did I love you?

Did. Past tense. Which means that she doesn't love me anymore.

I understand that I may have loved you once, Dean and I get that you still love me, but I've never met you before and for me this is all so weird.

I pressed myself to move faster, my wings already moving at a rapid pace. When Lia closed the door I couldn't hold it in anymore. I wanted to be strong in front of her, that's why when she closed the door I punched the wall with all I had. I then grabbed my Atherblade and flew out the window.

Imagine being kidnapped by a crazy guy who almost kills you and then having a memory filled with such raw love for a guy you've never met before.

I reached the cave and landed with a loud thud, making sure that bastard knew I was here. Three Fallen moved to me, but I didn't even blink as I slit their throats.

The only dream I've had of you so far was the memory.

She didn't remember any of the dreams I walked in before. All of the conversations, all of the love, everything was just gone.

I dashed into the cave lined up with close to a dozen Fallen. They fell easily, because they weren't my target. I reached the hole I made earlier and dropped to the floor. The lights in the room suddenly clicked on and Azriel sat up in his bed, confusion drowning his face, but when he saw me he smiled.

"Hello again, brother." He said and I moved to him, pulling him from the bed and throwing him across the room. Azriel landed on his feet and stood up, a sinister smile on his face.

Azriel might have been a Dark Angel, but he was small and light.

"What's the matter, brother?" Azriel said as he walked over to the table and picked up his blade.

"What did you do to Amelia?" I screamed as I ran to him and swung my blade. Our blades made a sharp sound as it came in contact.

Azriel smiled wickedly. "I didn't do anything to Amelia."

I felt my blood boil as I lifted my blade and swung again. "You filthy liar!" I screamed as I swung at him again and again. My attacks were careless and in pure rage. I knew it would cost me, but I didn't care. All I could think about was the way she looked at me.

"Brother, please." Azriel laughed as I felt two sharp bone like things stick into my shoulders, pulling me to the ground. As I fell I saw a Fallen, but it was different from the others. This one was much larger and it had large thorns sticking out his entire body. I landed on the ground with a loud thud and kicked the creature's chin. It shot backwards, releasing me and I swung myself up with my wings, swinging at Azriel again, waiting for him to give me an opportunity to puncture his skin. Azriel's fighting style was smooth, blocking every blow I took and waiting for his Fallen to save him.

I felt the demon pull at my shoulders again, but this time Azriel kicked my feet and stuck his blade into my left foot.

I didn't feel the pain. I only felt the burning desire to kill Azriel for what he had done to Amelia.

"Brother, listen." Azriel said in between his hysterical laughs, as he leaned onto the blade, sticking it further into my flesh. "All I did was give her, her memories back."