Unknown Presences (4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanksh yew for your comment Sweeti =D!! YOu rulesh!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Caylee! Whose your little friend?" Yelled out a man sitting in the living room. Phire's face went red. Caylee?

"Grandpa, stop calling me Caylee. It's Phire now. And this is Alek, quaterback of the football team. I'm helping him study." She grabbed my arm and led me to her room.

"Wait a second, you two!" Phire's grandpa looked at me sternly. He was an old man, a bit on the beer-gut side and had lost most of his brown hair. "You lay a hand on my granddaughter and I'll be sure to rip it off."

I paled and stammered, "Y-yes, sir." Phire rolled her eyes and we went to her room. It was simply typical. Pictures of Taylor Lautner hung there, along with Spencer Reid and abstract paintings. Typical of a young girl. But it was very neat. The bed was made, the desk was organized, and the room was clean. It put my room to shame and glad I hadn't taken her to my house, where you can barely see the floor.

We sat down on the floor and I handed her the books. She sat them beside her and turned to look at me.

"Fire away." She said, smiling. This would take a while.

"Why did he call you Caylee?"

"That's my birth name. After what my father did, I changed my name. Caylee Ann Jones to Sapphire Lee Brooks. I just like the name Sapphire, even if it is odd."

"That man from third period, the first time," wow thats confusing, "who was he?"

"My father, Mark Jones."

"Why did he attack you?"

"I'm a witch. He murdered my mother when she finally told him, trusting him. She let it slip, when she was dying, begging him not to kill me, too, that I couldn't help being a witch. Most of my family is of the Realm of Witches, our secret society. But, my father isn't really a problem. Just an annoyance. The Pravus is our biggest problem."

"Pravus? Huh?" I was intrigued. This was inbelievable.

"The word Pravus in Latin translates to evil and wicked. The Pravus is the only male in history to become a witch. Something wrong with his genes. But he was sentenced to death for murdering his girlfriend. He escaped and is trying to kill all of us. The Realm of Witches is small, only fifty or sixty alive at one time around the world."

"One things bugging me...if your a witch then when you were taken, why didn't you hex his ass and get the fuck out instead of stabbing him after so long?"

"I was there for three months, unable to protect myself. When I finally escaped and got home, my mother told me that she never wanted me to learn the ways of a witch. But she broke down and taught me, scared something like that would happen again. I never finished my training. My mother told Father about herself too soon. So now, I have no one to teach me. MY real grandmother passed away from old age."

I looked at my watch and sighed. I should probably call my mom now. I went to the bathroom and called her. I heard Phire's grandfather walk into her room and speak in urgent tones to her. My mom would be here in ten minutes. I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my dark blonde hair. It was a little longer than Coach liked, just hitting my shoulders. Icy blue eyes stared back at me and I couldn't help but think of Phire's sapphire eyes. Maybe that's why she changed her name to Sapphire. I smiled and started to walk back to her room. I heard yelling.

"You told him?" Her grandfather yelled.

"I had to tell someone! And he knew it wasn't a dream!" Phire shouted back.

"You have to make him blood promise."

Blood promise? Huh?

"No, I can't make him go through everything I went through, I simply can't."

"Do it, we have to."

I chose to walk into the room at that moment. Phire and her granddad looked at me. Phire looked resigned and sad. The granddad on the other hand, looked angry. He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me in the room. He handed Phire a sharp knife and left, locking the door behind him. Phire rolled up her sleeve and I saw scars there for the first time. Fresh. She was a cutter?

"Oh, God, Alek why did you have to remember?" she sighed. "You have to make a blood promise. To keep my secret forever. Or die."

I walked up to her. "It's alright, I don't mind."

She looked shocked but smiled happily. "Hold out your hand. This'll hurt. And you'll be forced to see every memory I've ever had. Warning, I had quite a crush on you." She blushed and I smiled. I held out my hand. She ran the blade across my palm. It hurt, but I kept quiet. She did the same and grasped my hand. I gasped. Thoughts flooded into my head. I was seeing through Phire's eyes during her assault and I couldn't do anything to help her or get out of the memory. I felt as she was chained to a cold wall, helpless to fight back. I felt the pain as the man slid his knife down her left cheek, cutting away skin from her cheek. She screamed. Another memory came, still in her in imprisonment. She kneed the man in the balls, she was obviouly weak, but he fell anyway. She scrambled for his knife and held it towards him. He stood and came towards her and she thrust the knife in his chest. He fell instantly. She found a cell phone and called 911. The person agreed to track the phone and help would be there shortly. After that, she just waited and cried for the man she'd killed...

I finally came back to reality, seeing sadness in Phire's eyes.

"Do you swear to keep the secret of Witches, to never tell by word of mouth, words by hand, or sign language?" She asked

"I swear." Pain shot through our arms. Phire quickly pulled away.

"I'm so, so sorry you had to see that..." she was close to tears. I leaned my face close to hers and muttered, "I didn't mind...I hope you don't mind this..." and pressed my lips to hers. She was obviously startled but kissed back. I pulled away and she was blushing and stammering. I smiled.

"Would you like to actually be my girlfriend?" I asked. She stuttered, but unable to speak she just nodded. A smile was on her face. I started to leave her room but a picture caught my eye. A cheerleading squad. I turned to look at her.

"You were a cheerleader?" she blushed and nodded. I pulled her outside. I had to wait for my mom, anyway.So maybe I could persuade her to show me what she could do.

"Show me!!!" I houted sounding like an excited little kid. She laughed and abliged. Three back flips without using her hands and landed in the splits. My mouth dropped and a devious plan formed in my head. One of the flyers in the cheerleading squad had quit so there was a space open. And try outs were tomorrow. My mother pulled up just then and I got in, shouting "Bye" to Phire. Mother looked at her.

"She's pretty," was her simple statement and we drove off, leaving me to plan Project Cheerleader Phire...