0106. Seventeen || 아주 NICE [Review]

July 4, 2016

Dear Diary,

AJU NICE

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY FELLOW AMERICANS

AND HAPPY PHILIPPINE–AMERICAN FRIENDSHIP DAY MY FELLOW FILIPINOS

BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT WE'RE GONNA BE TALKING ABOUT TODAY

BECAUSE 아주 NICE (Very Nice) IS THE SUMMER SONG TO END ALL SUMMER SONGS

And here is my review :)

아주 NICE - Seventeen
_________________________

아주 NICE (Very Nice) is a new comeback song from the group Seventeen that is apart of their repackaged Love&Letter album. It is a song that follows the "title track love story" that the fans theorize is a whole timeline of a relationship.
Adore U - having a crush on someone
Mansae - finding out that they like you back
Pretty U - confessing to them
Very Nice - going on a date with them
The song is a very funky and catchy song produced by member Woozi. As of right now, I'm not sure exactly who had apart in writing the lyrics. It is a great summer jam that I think will be listen to for the rest of summer and beyond.
In the music video, the song starts out straight away with I assume to be Hansol counting down switching from English to Spanish surprisingly, following with DK's clear and loud vocals. While singing, DK leans against a fence while the actress plays her role as a blank faced girl, hangs out behind the metal fence. A couple shots from the group's choreography are shown with the boys sporting a classy white dress-shirt, black pants with a white line going down each of each legs sides, smooth and shiny black and white loafers, and trendy red suspenders. It is seen that Wonwoo is missing from those shots (as he is ill from acute gastritis). Then, a couple short lines from Hoshi are sung as he rides a bicycle around the actress, still blank faces and completely bored of the boys' presence, in some kind of abandoned warehouse. Once again, short shots of their choreography are shown. Solo shots of Wonwoo and then Mingyu are then shown which then transcends to the pre-chorus.
In this time, Seungkwan starts of the pre-chorus as he runs after the actress in an alley way in broad daylight. In the song, it is apparent that DK also has a couple lines in the pre-chorus, though in the music video, Joshua appears to be in the same alleyway as Seungkwan having his encounter with the girl. Mingyu then raps a line, following Joshua singing the falsetto hook of the pre-chorus which leads to the ever so catchy chorus.
The chorus is filled with loud and funky brass instrument blares while the team chants out "아주 NICE!" from time to to during the chorus. In the music video we see that the boys' chest basically "get shot" with confetti exploding from their chest to the appropriate beat of the chorus.
The second verse then starts off with Vernon and Dino rapping on the roof top of a building. This time, Dino starts the rap, and then Vernon, alternating their lines. Vernon is seen with the actress in an inside skate park alongside a half pipe. The second verse continues with The8 and Jun singing one line each that order respectively. They both encounter the girl on top of what seems to be a different location on the same rooftop as Dino and Vernon.
Then, the pre-chorus starts up again, this time either starting with Jeonghan, as in the music video the pre-chorus starts with him pushing the actress around in a yellow shopping cart, or Joshua as he is actual seen singing a part of the pre-chorus in the foreground, while sitting on a couch. Mingyu again raps the one line in the chorus, and it goes to DK singing two falsetto lines, different from the first pre-chorus.
The chorus starts again, and nothing much is clearly different about it other than the shift of members' chest exploding with confetti. For the choreography shots, we see that Jun is (slaying) in the front and it is indeed the part was the last teaser before the music video came out.
And then the bridge comes along with Woozi singing in a sort of ballad, which is a very nice (no pun intended) contrast to the song itself. We see him in a completely different location as he is on a balcony with a piano, which is only shown once before the bridge of the song, which was a very short clip at the beginning. Woozi, is then singing to the blank faces girl who sits atop the piano. The scene then changes to S.Coups and Wonwoo wearing boxing gloves in an area similar to that of Jun and The8's first location. The actress is then seen sitting in a giant high chair, like the ones that babies sit on...(totally not weird at all). S.Coups seems to be the only one rapping, but Wonwoo may be rapping with him in the background. The scene then transitions to to Jeonghan singing his part in the choreography part, and then it changes to Mingyu rapping. Mingyu's then scene with the girl, both on a swing as she stares at him, yes with a blank face. Overlapping the end of Mingyu's rap, then comes along Wonwoo with him rapping back with S.Coups and the high chair.
Then DK and Seungkwan come in singing the pre-chorus hooks, this time with 3 lines and Seungkwan taking on the high note. The chorus then starts again with the remaining members, except for Wonwoo, getting their chests exploded with confetti flying out. Instead of Wonwoo's chest being exploded, a short scene is shown with him reading a book and then quickly focuses on the background where the girl is looking out a window (which is pretty creepy).
The end draws near as some of the deep voiced members sing along to a concluding "statement" that roughly translates into saying that they had a good time on this date. The boys are then running towards this girl in the location that seems to be the same as in Hoshi's scenes. The last shot is of S.Coups running ahead, and then his whole body then explodes into glitter and confetti.

Personally, I love the song. In fact, I love every single one of Seventeen's songs. Woozi is a GENIUS. "Very Nice" makes me want to grab someone's hand and make them dance with me. Seveteen's doing an AMAZING job and I can't wait to see the choreo of "Very Nice"! Hopefully Wonwoo gets better soon so he can join them in promotions :) #GetWellSoonWonwoo

20/10 from me

~xx Mars