THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 18

Start from the beginning

Cece and I laugh at him and Cece says, "No thanks about the ride, I'm going to go find my brother." She gives me a hug and says goodbye to Caleb before walking back the way we came.

Caleb and I just stand there, looking at each other for a moment before I spin on my heel and start walking in the direction of where his car is parked. He comes up behind me and puts his arms around my waist, stopping me in my tracks, "Are you mad at me princess?" he whispers in my ear.

"Yup," I tell him and remove his hands from around my waist before I start walking again. He walks alongside me in silence. When we reach his car, and while I'm buckling my seatbelt, my phone starts ringing. It's "I'm Real" by Jennifer Lopez and Ja Rule.

I am sort of nervous answering it, "Hey Jared." Caleb makes an irritated sound from next to me while he's pulling out of his parking space.

"Gigi?" he says hesitantly. I hope this isn't going to get awkward. I still haven't had time to think over his little declaration of love.

"Yeah Jared?" I ask.

"As much as I want you to choose me, I can tell that isn't going to happen right now. He's manipulated you into thinking that he's a good guy. Just promise me that I won't lose you as a friend Gianna," he says.

"I promise Jared," I say.

"Okay Gigi, That's all I needed to hear. I'll talk to you later," he says.

"Bye Jared," I hang up and sigh. What the hell has happened to my life? Things weren't this complicated a few weeks ago. My best friend is in love with me and my stepbrother is now my boyfriend.

Caleb bursts out with, "What the fuck Gianna?"

"What the fuck what, Caleb?" I ask. Maybe I should just stay single. Boys are just pains in the asses.

He shoots me an exasperated look, "What the fuck are you promising him Gianna? And what the fuck is up with that ringtone?"

I give him a look like he's retarded, "Just that we would stay friends no matter what happens and that song is mine and Jared's song."

"You two have a fucking song? And I don't know if I like my girlfriend hanging out with a guy that's wants to take her away from me."

"Too bad, you don't get a choice. You knew how close Jared and I were before you asked me to be your girlfriend. Him and Cece have been the most important people to me, besides my family, for a long time now," I tell him.

"Way to make me feel special," he mumbles.

"Oh Caleb, should we be fighting like this? I mean, we just got together," I tell him.

He looks worried, "I'm sorry Gianna. I think I just need to get used to this boyfriend thing. I'll try harder. I'm just not used to being jealous over a girl."

I rub the back of his hair, "Oh poor baby."

He gives me a mock pout, "I know. I'm going to need some cuddling to make me feel better."

He looks so cute, how can I deny him? "Later hot boyfriend."

He grabs my hand and kisses it. "Gianna, I have to know how you feel about Jared. Do you have feelings for him?"

I think about it for a moment before answering, "I don't know. Before he kissed me last weekend, I had never thought of him in that way. He's always been my rock. One of the few people who act real with me. He tells me the truth, good or bad."

"How do you feel about him saying that he loves you?" he asks.

"I haven't had time to digest that yet. I am trying not to think about it. I don't want things to change between he and I," and it's the truth. I'll think about what Jared said later, when I'm alone.

He doesn't look completely satisfied with my answer, but nods his head. I ask him, "So we did go down to 16th Street, does that mean that I've completed number 6?"

"I'll consider it completed. I definitely don't feel like doing that over again," he says.

When we get back to my house, I'm pretty damn nervous. I don't want to tell my mom and Scott about us, but it feels like we shouldn't have to hide it. When we go inside, I can see through a back window that Scott and Chance are in the backyard.

Caleb and I go into the kitchen where my mom is cooking. "Hey mom!"

"Hi honey. Hi Caleb. Dinner will be ready in a little bit," she says and turns back to the stove.

"Okay," I say and am suddenly pulled from behind out into the hallway. Caleb pushes me up against the wall and kisses me. I whisper, "Are you crazy?"

"Uh-huh," he says and kisses me again. I forget about my mom on the other side of the wall and kiss him back. We continue making out until someone clears their throat.

We both turn our heads and see Caleb's dad, Scott standing there.